What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Air Benchmarks Reveal Massive Performance Boost

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iPad_Air_benchmarks.PNG

With the launch of the iPad Air just two days away now, AppleInsider reports that some very impressive benchmark test figures have been published today via performance analytics firm, Primate Labs.

Using its Geekbench Browser, Primate Labs has found that the A7 system-on-a-chip inside the iPad Air appears to show a huge performance leap from the previous iPads.

AppleInsider reports that Primate Labs founder John Poole compiled the figures using iPad Airs running the Geekbench 3 benchmark, and the compared their performance with all iOS 7-compatible tablets, i.e., the iPad 2, and the third and fourth gen iPad and iPad mini.

As you can see from the chart, the iPad Air dominates over all the previous iPads, coming out an impressive 87% ahead of the fourth-gen iPad as far as the multi-core benchmark is concerned. As AppleInsider notes, these figures would seem to support Apple’s statement that the A7 chip has twice the performance of the previous A6X processor.

Looking good, iPad Air!

Source: Benchmarks for Apple's iPad Air show 90% performance boost, tweaked A7 clock speed

dwhygienist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, I', guessing it will blow my first generation iPad away, huh? I can't get to the store on Friday, but will call ahead and be there Saturday- i got a couple of cool cases that are supposed to fit the Air- worst case, I paid 16.00 for both cases- Vinyl but just like the 79.00 leather case by Apple- magnetic and wakes tablet when opened-
Can't wait till Saturday

Most reactions

Latest posts