What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad air 2 camera

Mikedg111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The pictures I have been taking with my new iPad 2 air are poorer quality than my old iPad 4. It hey appear grainier and less resolution than the IPad 4. Is ther any way to verify the resolution on these pictures. Can I increase the quality of these pictures .
Thanks
Mike

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The pictures I have been taking with my new iPad 2 air are poorer quality than my old iPad 4. It hey appear grainier and less resolution than the IPad 4. Is ther any way to verify the resolution on these pictures. Can I increase the quality of these pictures .

Hi Mike - welcome to the forum; I also have the iPad Air 2, but have not done much photography yet - the 8 MP back camera and the new A8X processor should certainly provide better images that the older air - check HERE1 for some comparison images, and also HERE2 for some great pics taken w/ the iPad Air 2.

I guess the usual basic rules still apply, e.g. sufficient light exposure, use of the focus/brightness features, steady positioning, and also the HDR feature. Of course, there is still no flash, so low light situations remains an issue. As to knowing the 'resolution' of your images, a number of photo apps can be used, e.g. Photogene has been on my iPads for years - below I took a pic of my den (light is low) - opened it in the app and pressed the 'Metadata' icon - the stats are shown - hope this helps. Dave :)
IMG_1636.PNG

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The ViewExif app give you the ability to check the meta data of your photos from within the Photos app. It shows up as an action option after you select the photo.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425244620.333519.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts