What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera

kohler2009

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it me or is the camera on the ipad2 awful? The resolution on my photos is horrible. Is there a setting I need to adjust? For spending $600 I would hope I would get better quality. A disposable camera takes better pictures than this thing!

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The cameras are just meant to be used for video and video calling, not a point and shoot.

Expect the next iPad to have: 3mp back and VGA front.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Is it me or is the camera on the ipad2 awful? The resolution on my photos is horrible. Is there a setting I need to adjust? For spending $600 I would hope I would get better quality. A disposable camera takes better pictures than this thing!

Hello Kohler - first, welcome to the forum! :)

Second, there are already numerous threads/posts on this topic (some posted by me) - a little searching would have easily verified your impressions! :rolleyes:

The iPad2 has 2 cameras - the back one is only .7 MP and the front about .3 MP - this STINKS for still images, so find another option - for teleconferencing the front camera is OK; for video, many have seemed to be happy w/ the back camera; but my advice is to bring along your better still camera, whether a dedicated one or part of a phone - sorry!

OP
K

kohler2009

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback and sorry I did not do a more thorough search. Was just looking for a quick answer as I am still trying to learn the ins and outs of this thing!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback and sorry I did not do a more thorough search. Was just looking for a quick answer as I am still trying to learn the ins and outs of this thing!

No problem, but obviously a common complaint - don't do any still imaging w/ my iPad - easy enough to get good pics on the device; good luck - :)

Last edited:

Most reactions