1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Ipad adobe ereader

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by whanga, May 8, 2012.

1. whanga

whanga iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What does one need to be able to read snooks on an iPad that are in a digital adobe dreaded format.
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,732 / 0
    I'm hoping you meant e-books when you typed (or I see) "snooks"... :)

And the answer is that it depends on from where you got the books. Generally speaking, because of DRM (digital rights management - anti piracy code on e-books), you can only read e-books using the device or app produced by the seller of such books.

However, I believe the reading app Bluefire will let you read Adobe DRM e-books. You'll have to register the app with Adobe to get it authorized first, but it should work after that.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn
  3. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,986 / 1
    Overdrive Media Console (the other public library borrowing app) will also handle Adobe Digital Editions files.