iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Greg G, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladydi

ladydi
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I think that the only reason my husband is putting up with my obsession is because he is inheriting my WiFi. But I think that he sort or raised an eyebrow when I told him that I had to stay home all day and sit in the front porch until the FedEx person comes. I never sit on the front porch.[/QUOTE]

I told mine that I needed to stay home from work and get some things done that I have been putting off. I sound virtuous instead of OCD! :D

2. mustangSally

mustangSally
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Oh, I could learn from you.... My husband is HIGHLY suspicious of me at this point.

As for my boss? I called out sick Wed. afternoon. Now I can't POSSIBLY call out or stay home for personal reasons tomorrow! What the HELL was I thinking?

#1532 mustangSally, Apr 29, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  3. ladydi

ladydi
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I remember my Commodore 64! If I remember correctly, there wasn't much I could actually do with it!

4. mustangSally

mustangSally
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    but it made a DARN GOOD paper weight!

5. DanaTheEwok

DanaTheEwok
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I told mine that I needed to stay home from work and get some things done that I have been putting off. I sound virtuous instead of OCD! :D[/QUOTE]

I was supposed to be doing that today, but I have not gotten much done. Instead, I have been sitting here watching the tracking and the forum. I am supposed to be cleaning my office. :D

PS. I do remember that my father had a Commodore 64 before I had the 386. :)

6. JMK

JMK
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I am on the customer side as opposed to the vendor.
    I am hoping i can eek out another 3 years until I can retire without being outsourced.

7. Greg G

Greg G
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    It does mean you have been assimilated! I have to admit that I'm on my way as well. I would never have considered a Mac before the iPad came out (like you, the "serious programmer" thing). Now I want to dump my blackberry for an iPhone (please please come to Verizon!!!) and I will certainly look at Mac before buying my next personal computer.

8. 13blackbirds

13blackbirds
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    sisters!

mustangSally, ladydi, DanaTheEwok: Allow me to bend a couple of knees in humility and gratitude. I recall punch cards in high school and college. But I never understood them. In between, there was a long interval of literature, philosophy, and literary theory. In 1988, I bought my first computer, an Apple IIc, with 5 1/4 " floppies. I've had only Apples ever since.

In 1994, I found myself directly confronting this "email" thing, and Mosaic, and—omg—raw telnet connections to multi-user domains (clients came later). They were all intoxicating for how they gave me access to language in mind-bending ways. I would not take anything for those heady and transformative days.

So I've only skimmed the surface of this trajectory, but it's been more, way more than enough to revere folks like you who hurtled down the early, gnarly days of this path. I may not understand precisely your contributions, but I do appreciate them. I really do.

And it's delightful that you're just as psyched as I am about the iPad 3G!!! Mine's due by 3 PM tomorrow.

Joy soon,

13Blackbirds

9. dks

dks
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I agree! ... open both & set them up... add some nice apps & a little $ itunes account for her... have fun!!

10. Phantom

Phantom
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Those Were The Days

Sorry Guys I Have You All Beat On Original Computer Systems. I started on A GTE Teletype Paper Roll Printer with Paper Tape Spooler Keypunch As The Memory. It Was Connected To An Acoustic GTE Phone Coupler Using The Old AT&T Telephone. The High Point Was A Print Out Of A Playboy Pinup GIRL (Which Used To Take 1 1/2 Hours To Print Out) This Print Out Was Composed Of Dots, Plus We Used Fortran, Cobol, And Basic as Programing Language.

Plus We Had Cannining Wars Against Other Schools In Which We Canceled Their Central School Files.

Plus I still Use My Apple Newton Even Now With A WiFI Card Connected To My Mac Server System.

Now Those Were The Days In 1973......

Regards,

The Phantom Strikes Again....:cool::cool::cool:

Attached Files:

#1540 Phantom, Apr 29, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.