What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3g not working

glaze77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi please can you guys help as my kids were playing games on my iPad & now my 3G has gone I am on T mobile uk I have just a o were the 3G use to be I think this means it is on edge but not sure, I have reset network setting but did not work I have tried to reset the iPad that did not work.
I know it's the iPad as I have put the sim in my iPhone & it works with no problem I do not have a computer at the moment so can not try to any thing with iTunes. Sorry about the long post thanks for read all the best.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

iaintwoeyes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the settings menus, is the carrier listed next to the word carrier and then the automatic button switched to on?

OP
glaze77

glaze77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iaintwoeyes said:
In the settings menus, is the carrier listed next to the word carrier and then the automatic button switched to on?

Hi yes & auto is on

OP
glaze77

glaze77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi no it's not in any mode but thanks for the reply it's still down any more thoughts not looking good now

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Confusing, because you said the SIM works in iPhone. But iPad seems to have weaker ability to pick up signals sometimes than iPhone, in my experience with iPhone 4 and 4S vs. iPad 1 and 2, so maybe that's a possibility.

I'm going to PM you a thread from another forum that has someone dealing with what sounds similar on T-Mobile. (I think it'd be against forum rules to paste it here.)

Otherwise, any sign that the kids dropped the iPad? It could just be hardware failure, too. If so, I hope it's under warranty and you get it resolved.

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could they have been watching YouTube or some king of streaming and maxed out your monthly allowance. I believe you lose 3G, but are still able to browse using GPRS which is what the o stands for. Edge shows E.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

wapanstore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So i want to buy an Ipad 3g, but i'm buying it from Japan and i heard that it is locked to be used with SoftBank carrier only.

Most reactions

Latest posts