What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad not working with pre-paid t-mobile sim

mhalstern

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a non-jailbroken 3g ipad. I cut a t-mobile phone pre-paid (pay as you go) sim, making it a micro-sim. I inserted it into my ipad and turned cellular data on. The device recognized the t-mobile edge network and shows a signal, however, attempting to browse the web, gets me an image with this text:

Sorry, Web plan is not available for purchase on this device t-zones home. T-zones.com is a link to wap.t-zones.com. I can view my account balance, but nothing else works, with pages informing that there are no plans available for my phone. Email and apps requiring internet access fail as well.

Without jailbreaking, is there some way to get this working on the t-mobile edge network. If I jailbreak, can I get this working?

Thanks

OP
M

mhalstern

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply:

I tried all 4 of these APN Settings:

• wap.voicestream.com
  • epc.tmobile.com
  • internet2.voicestream.com
  • internet3.voicestream.com
None of them worked, as t-mobile simply redirected my web requests to their page, informing me that I was not entitled to data.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
T-Mobile is now blocking the ipad for sure on prepaid simcard accounts. (if not all accounts)

I used to have it working with prepaid t-mobile simcard, now i get the message saying there is currently no available data plan for this device.

The ipad could only get Edge speed from t-mobile anyways (painful)

OP
M

mhalstern

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know the the the 2g Edge speed would suck. I just wanted to perform the hack.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Eh. AT&T is fine for 3G. It's only 25 a month. Could be worse, like the 60 I was paying for sprints mifi

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Has anyone tried putting the ipad sim card into a MiFi witch accepts Simcards?

I'm thinking I may kill my Verizon unlimited MiFi internet if I can just pop my iPad sim into a MiFi when needed.

Most reactions

Latest posts