1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

3G Costs

Discussion in 'iPad Carriers' started by Norriemca, May 23, 2011.

1. Norriemca

Norriemca iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I live in UK and have a wifi/3G iPad2 and only use the 3G connection infrequently - when wifi is not available.
    To get a 3G service of (say) 1 gb for a month I must pay £10 micro sim top up. That is fine, but if I don' t use my 1 gb, after a month my £10 expires. To me, this is a rip off compared to PAYG on my mobile phone which does not expire. How do the phone companies get away with this and what can iPad users do?

Update : I have found "3" sim cards on Amazon - 1gb for 1 month at £4.25 each. They are standard size and can be trimmed with a sim cutter also available from Amazon.
    So, having ordered three, I am now covered for 3 months and can choose when to insert and activate.

Still think the mobile phone cos are ripping us off with 30 day expiry though!
    Last edited: May 25, 2011
  2. KathG

KathG iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, don't know if this will help but 3 in the UK do a 3 month 3gig for £20.99. For the IPad.
    KathG
  3. Harters

Harters iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I use T-Mobile £20 for 6 months booster on mine & it works a treat :)

There is another offer they do which works out at £15 for 12 months Internet. Check out there website for details.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF
    Last edited: May 23, 2011