What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3G Costs

Norriemca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I live in UK and have a wifi/3G iPad2 and only use the 3G connection infrequently - when wifi is not available.
To get a 3G service of (say) 1 gb for a month I must pay £10 micro sim top up. That is fine, but if I don' t use my 1 gb, after a month my £10 expires. To me, this is a rip off compared to PAYG on my mobile phone which does not expire. How do the phone companies get away with this and what can iPad users do?

Update : I have found "3" sim cards on Amazon - 1gb for 1 month at £4.25 each. They are standard size and can be trimmed with a sim cutter also available from Amazon.
So, having ordered three, I am now covered for 3 months and can choose when to insert and activate.

Still think the mobile phone cos are ripping us off with 30 day expiry though!

Last edited:

KathG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, don't know if this will help but 3 in the UK do a 3 month 3gig for £20.99. For the IPad.
KathG

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use T-Mobile £20 for 6 months booster on mine & it works a treat :)

There is another offer they do which works out at £15 for 12 months Internet. Check out there website for details.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts