What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3 Mail Not Working

Pen1124

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my Ipad three for about 4 months now and recently started attenting Suffolk County Community College. They have assigned me an email using outlooks microsoft exchange so I decided I wanted to link it with the mail app that apple puts on their Ipads. I entered my email [email protected] my username [email protected] and my password. Then it comes up asking for the server. So after searching the internet I found this website help.outlook.com/en-us/140/dd125429.aspx which states under Finding My Server Name that the server is m.outlook.com . But once I have entered all of that information in, t says it's verifing but then says it is invalid. I am at my wits end, I've been on the phone with apple too, but they seemed to have no idea what they're talking about. Someone please help

cgd27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a similar issue when i was studying i tried to get my mail on my iphone before I got my iPad & I tried the same thing as you. It turns out the incoming out coming mail server is actually mail.XXXXX.XXX

where XXXXX = place of study & .XXX = suffix of mail address e.g. mine was @unimail.hud.ac.uk

put that into it clicked verify worked a treat ever since

Just be aware that there is then no getting away from the emails - do you really want the email with you all the time unless its like a fa

Most reactions