Ipad 3 Mail Not Working

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Pen1124, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Pen1124

Pen1124 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've had my Ipad three for about 4 months now and recently started attenting Suffolk County Community College. They have assigned me an email using outlooks microsoft exchange so I decided I wanted to link it with the mail app that apple puts on their Ipads. I entered my email ...@mail.sunysuffoolk.edu my username ...@mail.sunysuffolk.edu and my password. Then it comes up asking for the server. So after searching the internet I found this website help.outlook.com/en-us/140/dd125429.aspx which states under Finding My Server Name that the server is m.outlook.com . But once I have entered all of that information in, t says it's verifing but then says it is invalid. I am at my wits end, I've been on the phone with apple too, but they seemed to have no idea what they're talking about. Someone please help

2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,026 / 1
  3. cgd27

cgd27 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had a similar issue when i was studying i tried to get my mail on my iphone before I got my iPad & I tried the same thing as you. It turns out the incoming out coming mail server is actually mail.XXXXX.XXX

where XXXXX = place of study & .XXX = suffix of mail address e.g. mine was @unimail.hud.ac.uk

put that into it clicked verify worked a treat ever since

Just be aware that there is then no getting away from the emails - do you really want the email with you all the time unless its like a fa