What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 3 found

S_jt_C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good afternoon
you can not believe but I found a IPAD 3.
Luck mine or bad luck?
it liked to be with it but I have doubt?
I can be penaliz?
it was found not stolen
it does not exist form to change serial or thus similar thing?
already I searched in it and you the all off one, wi-fi, accounts etc, n has swims, seems new
Ob.

PS: I wait n to have been inconvenient or to have touched in some sensible subject.

sory my english

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It would depend on the laws of the country in which you live. Certainly, in the UK, finding and keeping something which clearly belongs to someone else is theft, and would be treated as such by the law.

I have no clue about other countries, but I suspect the laws would be similar.

Morally? I think you should turn it in to the police, and be done with it. Again, using UK law as an example, if the iPad is unclaimed after a period of time it would be returned to you and would legally become your property.

That may not be so where you live. Don't forget that the owner can track it, so using it is going to put you at risk.

Your decision.

OP
S

S_jt_C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes, in my countrie is the same thing.
my question is:
i alreay deliver the ipad in the police, and by the law i can get it one year later, if i reset a ipad, is ok to work??? the anthient owner will find the ipad?
i deliver the ipad in the police in may of 2012.
recent i went to the police and the ipad is still there, not reclamed.
can i reset the ipad and have no problems?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. Once the police have returned it to you as unclaimed it belongs to you.

The previous owner can make no claim on it.

Most reactions

Latest posts