What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 won't access internet when connected to secure wifi

sgstech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We are using iPad 2's in a school with a secure network. Most of the iPads are working fine, but a few, even though connected to the network with full strength, will not access the internet.

I have tried all of the tips suggested by Apple, have even reset one unit to factory settings, but no luck.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've moved this to the Help section, where I think it will receive better attention.

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does your school have a proxy server? If so, maybe the iPads that can't connect to the Internet, but show the WiFi signal at full strength, might be because - on those iPads - the proxy server settings in 'Settings', 'WiFi', then select the WiFi network and press the blue 'arrow' to the right hand side of the WiFi entry, might not be configured.

Tim

OP
S

sgstech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for you help, I appreciate it.

Did some more investigating last night and it turned out that a certain range of ip's were being rejected by our firewall. Issue resolved, yay!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great to hear!! Thanks for letting us know. It's always great to hear the solutions to problems; one more piece of information in the 'Knowledge Bank'.

Have a great weekend.

Tim

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good news, I was going to suggest use all fixes ip's on all machines, and set the gateway DHCP range to be bellow the fixed range chosen, or perhaps use MAC filtering.

Most reactions

Latest posts