What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad.2 with 5.1.1 camera wont save pics

OP
M

mbasprint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I erased all data and everything and restored it from iCloud and still same issue and just found out the video recorder doesn't even record man this is terrible

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok. One more try, but restore it as a new device. It is possible that you restored whatever was wrong with it by using your iCloud backup. Not likely, but possible.

If it still does not work, it is probably hardware. At any rate, you will probably have to go through Apple to straighten it out.

OP
M

mbasprint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So if I do that can I restore it again if it doesnt work and use iCloud to back it up again

OP
M

mbasprint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok just tried it and it didn't work thank god it's still under its year warranty and I made a appointment with the apple store dam 5.1.1 messed my camera pics up but thanks for your help

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok. Be sure to NOT back it up while empty, or you'll replace that last good backup you had. You'll want that to restore the new (refurbished like new most likely) iPad they will give you.

OP
M

mbasprint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I got a new iPad and uploaded iCloud and guess what it was doing the same thing on this new one I couldn't believe it!!! So I restored this new one as new and it started working!! So iCloud with the 5.1.1 has a serious bug in it

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I dont' know what was happening, but a bug seems unlikely. If it was there would be much wider spread news about it by now.

Still, it would not hurt to report it to Apple's feedback page; just in case there are others having the problem but saying nothing.

Apple - iPad - Feedback

OP
M

mbasprint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea that's what I'll do but it did happen to two iPads in a row??? But now I lost everything because I can't put it back on there through iCloud ;(

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry about that. Again, I don't know what to say. I've never heard of anyone having your problem before. The one or two other shutter/camera problems were either hardware, or were fixed with a reset or Reset All Settings.

At least as far as I can remember, which I admit is not much of a proof. ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts