What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad.2 with 5.1.1 camera wont save pics

mbasprint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK I just noticed that when I take a pic it doesn't save it to the camera roll or if I have a pic in a email it wont save either , anybody know what's wrong by chance

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have you tried these common fixes?

When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM.

Close/Clear the app: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
M

mbasprint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also when I take a pic I can see the pic in the lower left corner when I hit it to open it the camera roll opens minus the pic I just took

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, just throwing out random thoughts now.

How much storage do you have left on the iPad? Check under Settings > General > Usage.

And there have been a few threads where people forgot to mention they were jailbroken. So, I got to ask. Is your iPad jailbroken? In which case look to your most recent tweaks.

OP
M

mbasprint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 7.0 out of 13.8 left and no it's not jailbroken

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You may have to do a restore then, but try this first.

Go to Settings > General > Reset and choose Reset All Settings (not the one beneath it).

When it asks, choose to set up as a new iPad.

This will Not:

Erase your content.
Erase or change your account settings.
Erase your apps.

It will restore most of your other settings to default, including:

Notifications
Brightness & Wallpaper
Mail, Contacts, Calendars (excluding the actual account setups)
and lots of other stuff.

You'll have to go through all these to make sure the iPad is tweaked the way you want it to be.

Still, this has been known to cure problems that occur right after an update.

OP
M

mbasprint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well that didn't work any other ideas I never seen this happen before

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry. Out of ideas, other than the restore.

You may have to give Apple a call. Unless you purchased the AppleCare package it will probably cost you.

OP
M

mbasprint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So what happens if I use the one under it I can't restore because my laptop will not connect with apple servers

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You are already on iOS 5.x so the iPad does not need a laptop for a basic restore. You will need internet via wi-fi.

So, laptop or not, you should be able to restore the iPad to basic function. Restoring your data will go faster if you operate off a local backup off the laptop, but if you do a backup via iCloud you can restore from there as well, but it takes a fast internet connection to work well, especially if you have a lot of apps.

That said, you may not want to restore from a backup. This can easily re-introduce whatever caused the problem in the fist place.

In either case, be absolutely to save off everything important before you do before any kind of restore. Go through all your apps, Camera Roll, etc. Anything that is not an iTunes purchase needs to find a safe home off the iPad. With the exception of some movies and TV Shows, almost all iTunes content can be downloaded again. That's not true for any documents or data you've stored in apps.

OP
M

mbasprint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see so after I do a restore should I use iCloud or a new and just restore everything again, I have a 4G wifi so that won't be a problem

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Your choice. The cleanest bet is to just manually add everything again.

If you only have a few apps and few documents, a clean restore should be fairly painless.

If you have a lot of apps, documents, etc., it might be worth trying a restore from backup first, just to see if it fixes the problem. If it does not, then do the clean restore.

If none of this works, you're probably going to have to try Apple Support. Or use it as an excuse to by a new iPad. ;)

OP
M

mbasprint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I still have 6 months left on my year warranty so I'll try the restore first and thanks for the help

Most reactions

Latest posts