What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera shutter blocked after IOs 6 download

Liz0800

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI,

Can anyone help. Since I downloaded IOS6 to my iPad 2 my camera wont work. It either has a blocked shutter or opens to show a dark picture when I want it to take pictures in front....you know conventional pics

Have turned on and off and reset but to no avail. My ipad was perfect pre the install and its a newish device.

Any help welcome

Liz

iMitch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI,

Can anyone help. Since I downloaded IOS6 to my iPad 2 my camera wont work. It either has a blocked shutter or opens to show a dark picture when I want it to take pictures in front....you know conventional pics

Have turned on and off and reset but to no avail. My ipad was perfect pre the install and its a newish device.

Any help welcome

Liz

When you say "reset" do you mean you have done a full restore?

Paesano

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI,

Any help welcome

Liz

I'm having the same problem.I did the reset but not the full restore. And I'm having problems with "ghost files" in the Photo app. Furthermore the Contacts app do not open the Groups, only the All Contacts ...

OP
L

Liz0800

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi iMitch,

No i haven't done a restore only the rest

Liz

bfready

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem w/ my iPad 2. After iOS6, the shutter never opens. I can use facetime, however. Matter of fact, when I used facetime and reopened the camera app, I was able to use it using the front facing camera. So, I think it's something specific to the rear camera.

I have reset, but not restore. Has anyone tried restoring? I don't want to do this if it doesn't work.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts