What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 - Vodafone 3G Sim

jimihat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys

New poster here from the UK, hi to all!

I'm hoping to buy an Ipad 2 3G but have a question about the 3G sims etc that Apple seem unwilling to answer.

My employer provides me with a Vodafone 3G dongle but I'm hoping to use the sim for my Ipad 2, I understand it may require cutting down but I want to make 100% sure that this will work before I start going crazy with the scissors. The dongle/sim are about 3 1/2 years old.

The gold "chip" seems much larger than those in some "cutting instruction" videos I've watched. poor quality photo below; your comments and advice would be appreciated!.
b46ij8.jpg

HedgeHogLuvva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jimihat said:
Hi Guys

New poster here from the UK, hi to all!

I'm hoping to buy an Ipad 2 3G but have a question about the 3G sims etc that Apple seem unwilling to answer.

My employer provides me with a Vodafone 3G dongle but I'm hoping to use the sim for my Ipad 2, I understand it may require cutting down but I want to make 100% sure that this will work before I start going crazy with the scissors. The dongle/sim are about 3 1/2 years old.

The gold "chip" seems much larger than those in some "cutting instruction" videos I've watched. poor quality photo below; your comments and advice would be appreciated!.

Looks like a standard micro sim card to me

try it out first before chopping it up

Hedgie - Mmm Cali Lewis!

HedgeHogLuvva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jimihat said:
thanks, but how???

My apologies, the ipad does use a smaller sim card

Go to www.ehow.com and search for iPad Micro-SIM Card

It will then give you instructions how to install and remove as well as how to cut it down to size

Hedgie - Mmm Cali Lewis!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would play safe and invest in a SIM cutter - because you get the adaptor too that will enable you to put the cut-down SIM back into the dongle.

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/FoneM8-Card-Cutter-iPhone-adaptors/dp/B003QOTOMM]FoneM8 - Sim Card Cutter For iPhone 4, iPad, includes 2: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics[/ame]

Tim

OP
J

jimihat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts