What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Skype volume problem - please help

janice1975

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,
I bought an iPad 2 today and installed the Skype app on it and my mom's PC. We can video call each other, she can see AND hear me, I can see but NOT hear her on my iPad. I've spent hours online trying to figure this out but can't. Any ideas on how to fix this sound issue on my iPad? The test/echo function in Skype on the iPad2 works so I know the volume is on, I just can't hear the person at the PC I'm trying to speak with. Thanks!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good point, Kay!! I'd never have thought of that one. I was wondering about the iPod Settings and Volume Limit function there, but your solution seems far more likely, since most PCs (as opposed to laptops) don't have a microphone as standard.

Tim

OP
J

janice1975

iPF Noob
Reaction score
problem solved

Thanks Kay - that got us thinking in the right direction. Seems something in the computer was set to allow a microphone to be plugged into the laptop for sound to be heard, and my mom need to change it to an option for sound to be picked up by the internal microphone. Thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts