What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Sound on Skype

amyberta

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is the first time I used Skype. I called a friend of mine and was able to connect to Skype and see her, but we couldn't get the sound to work. When I did a test with the sound it worked. I have the sound way up. What can I do to hear her.

Thanks

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It sounds like the problem is on her side if you were able to pass the test. Did she also pass it?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check also to see that your friend hasn't accidentally activated the 'Mute' control in Skype. It's easy to do and it's not always obvious that it's been activated.

Tim

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, Skype doesn't like Bluetooth headphones/speakers/mics. If she's using a BT mic, that may be the problem.

OP
A

amyberta

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DM51 said:
Also, Skype doesn't like Bluetooth headphones/speakers/mics. If she's using a BT mic, that may be the problem.

Thanks all, the problem was on their end,but they were able to correct it and we were able to see
and talk to each other.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DM51 said:

Thanks all, the problem was on their end,but they were able to correct it and we were able to see
and talk to each other.

Great to hear you were able to fix the problem.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts