Ipad 2 Release

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by clarkspot, Feb 11, 2011.

1. clarkspot

clarkspot iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When is the Ipad 2 going to come out?
  2. Gunny008

Gunny008 iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    April in the US I believe

Uk and countries after, I read somewhere that July is the release date for the rest of the world. However, I doubt apple would wait 3 months to released it everywhere else, not with other companies finally making some decent tablets to compete.
  3. SheerLuckHolmes

SheerLuckHolmes iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    April is not a good bet. More like June or July in the US, from what I hear.
  4. Superbike81

Superbike81 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Nobody knows for sure right now.

Has Apple even officially acknowledged that the iPad 2 is coming?

Until they do, no one can even really make a reasonable guess at a release date.
  5. jacson

jacson iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When is the ipad 2 release date? and what's the price for it? and if anyone knows how much was the 16gb first ipad (wi-fi) when it was released?have the prices dropped? i want to get an ipad but im thinking of waiting for the 2nd one to come out as it has a camera which i really want, but i dont wanna spend more than £450
  6. wardjc58

wardjc58 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    April is a good bet according to some sources - is seems that it may already be in production. however, it is getting down to the wire and no announcement from Apple, whichnisna little unusual. it may be theybare keeping everything close to the vest to avoid competitors getting a start on competing functionality. hard to say.
  7. Jaws3288

Jaws3288 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think I'd get a chuckle if Apple doesn't announce the iPad 2 for some time if at all. All this talk and there's not much concrete proof.
  8. thekarens

thekarens iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you know anything about Apple there's no question there will be an iPad 2. They refresh everything every year. As to when exactly that's the mystery.
  9. penelopeklimas

penelopeklimas iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Apple is actively developing new accessories that will communicate with the near-field radio chips reportedly built into new iPads and iPhones. ... It’s possible that the company will use a new material similar to carbon fiber rather than aluminum for upcoming iPads...
  10. iVan

iVan iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    If you bunch rumors of the iPad 2 release for end of april and iPad 3 for September with the rest of the iPod family I'll venture out to say iPad 2 release will only be in September. And if I may be allowed to dream a little MacTablet will be out in may! LOL!

It's become clear that iPad is NOT a tablet and will remain an iPod. Now that a tablet market has been established as a certainty by the release of the iPad and the efforts of competition I'm pretty sure that Apple will join in with something more substantial to prove its worth. The iPad was not meant as a tablet but a bigger iPod; ie. a consumption device. At the same time it was used to test the market, to see if anyone would be interested in tablets...

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  11. Hasty

Hasty iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Most reports from the far east confirm they are already in production, but the release date is probably tied up with stocking considerations.
    They won't want a repeat of last years initial shortages.
  12. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +132 / 0

That is just too funny!
  13. iVan

iVan iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Ah! But who says it's iPad 2?

( please, please allow me some fantasy!)

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  14. Digitel

Digitel iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think we will just wait and see when will be the exact time for the release date. It maybe as soon as possible................:p Very exciting.
  15. DaveSt

DaveSt iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can 100% guarantee that is correct. :D
  16. Seadog

Seadog Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    There was a rumor that the iPad 2 was being delayed until June, but was false. Right now, the word is that Apple is having the iPad 2 intro on March 2. And by all definitions, the iPad is a tablet. There is good reason to suspect that the new line of Macbooks due out next week, will incorporate a hybrid hard drive. The OS will mount on an 8-16 GB SSD and it will be used for start ups and frequently used application launches. They also thing it will have a variant of Intel's Light Peak high speed connector which is twice as fast as USB 3. and they have taken 1/2 lb off of the weight. There is some speculation that iPad 2 or 3 may have a Light Peak connector, but until they put it out on the market, nobody knows for certain.
  17. Superbike81

Superbike81 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Why can't Apple just follow the industry standards? Why do they always have to be different? It's the same crap with their "display port" crap, why not just have HDMI or VGA so MOST PEOPLE can actually use it? It doesn't matter to me that their new port will be faster than USB 3.0 if I don't have any devices compatible with it and have to buy all new stuff just to interact with it. I just bought a 4 hard drive external enclosure with eSATA and USB 3.0, so my 8TB of stuff won't be connecting to that. I understand that they want to offer their own technology, but why not also include USB 3.0 ports? Just like they include USB 2.0 now?

Back on topic, where did you get the reports about March for the iPad 2?
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  18. Thphilli

Thphilli iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Yea . . . That would be awful . . . .

There is nothing that makes a consumer want a device more than being told they can't have one. That is why I don't really believe that the shortage last year was a production or manufacturing issue. I mean it was out of stock for like 5 months or more. Again, there is nothing that makes a consumer want a device more than being told they can't have one. I certainly fell prey to this.

I was at Best buy and played with an iPad. It was pretty cool. I asked if they had any in stock, guy said no. Got home and thought nothing of it for a couple days. Decided later to call my local Apple store and see if any were in stock in the model I was semi interested in. He asked me if I wanted to go on a waiting list. Fast forward a couple days and I was researching every Apple store within 200 miles, looking on Ebay/Craigslist and all of a sudden I had to have this thing that a couple days ago was just a cute toy.
  19. henry2

henry2 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    The local new channel was saying March 2nd time frame that the news is comeing out for the brand new model ..They did not say alot about the new features on the ipad ..
  20. col.bris

col.bris Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +467 / 0
    Apple has always been ahead of the rest of the world and yes they do follow industry standards. Apple is not different they just come to the market first with the latest technology then every one like sheep follow. Think about it technology moves so fast it's not funny USB 2 is standard now and USB 3 is on only the latest computers hdmi sure been around a few years. if Intel with Apple come up with a new interface that can replace all Is that a good or bad thing. The fact is it would be perfect in the long term not only for the iPad but any device similar. I say products such ipads, tablets small computers call what you want all benefit regardless of manufacture. It will be interesting if in fact Apple has the new interface on the mac pros if not guarantee it wont be long before it comes along One would hope it will be on if not version 2 version 3 iPad