What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 problems turning off and on

erintaylor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My sister's iPad is malfunctioning. Today she tried to save a picture and it wouldn't let her, and so she tried to turn it off (actually power off, not just lock screen).

Since then, for about 6 hours, the iPad has been unresponsive and has only shown the turning off screen (black with the spinning wheel thing).

We've tried turning it on and off with no luck, and also tried to connect it to various computers, only to be told that 'an error occurred' and therefore it can't connect.

She has had the iPad since summer 2011, with no previous problems.

Any ideas? :/

L

Lunar

My sister's iPad is malfunctioning. Today she tried to save a picture and it wouldn't let her, and so she tried to turn it off (actually power off, not just lock screen).

Since then, for about 6 hours, the iPad has been unresponsive and has only shown the turning off screen (black with the spinning wheel thing).

We've tried turning it on and off with no luck, and also tried to connect it to various computers, only to be told that 'an error occurred' and therefore it can't connect.

She has had the iPad since summer 2011, with no previous problems.

Any ideas? :/

Have you tried the built-in standard iPad fix solution which fixes 99% of iPad issues and App quarks. Always worth doing a None-Destructive Full Reboot..in case somethings got screwed up.

Hold down the Home Key and the ON/OFF buttons at the same time, until the screen goes blank.. keep them held down until the Apple logo appears, you will notice
it takes longer than usual to initialise.. this is quite normal and no data or settings are changed or lost during the reboot, but it does indeed seem to fix quite a few weird issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lunar

Sometimes the mention of RESET worries people in that they may lose all their data and settings...lol so None-Destructive helps to allay those fears.. I suppose we could say None Volatile..lol

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I understood, I just liked your wording. When I think it's necessary I usual just add something boring like, 'this won't erase anything'. :)

Tdub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad is doing the same thing! How did you get yours to work?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My ipad is doing the same thing! How did you get yours to work?

This thread is quite old. The person who asked the question only made the one post and hasn't been back since; so you're unlikely to get an answer from them.

If the reset described here does not work for you, I recommend you create your own thread in the help forum section; and add that you've already tried the reset.

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My iPad keeps hanging with this new upgrade! I have to go to edit to be able to finish some of my posts!
Is that the same thing?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As I said, this thread is really old. Problems presented here are probably different, or at least have different causes, and the solutions may be different as well. Try the reset. If it doesn't help start a new thread on the subject.

Most reactions

Latest posts