1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Ipad 2 problem

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by voodoocars, Jan 22, 2013.

1. voodoocars

voodoocars iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone - new to this forum. I've got an ipad 2 that all of a sudden seems to have a mind of its own. Apps open up randomly on their own then close at will. If I try to close them they just come back again and sometimes change to a different app. Tried to reset it but the slider control wont function - but the cancel will.. If I hold the home and side off buttons I can reset it (with the apple icon) and it is ok for a short time then goes mad again. I have cleaned te screen, which has a cover on anyway and still has made no difference. Is this common? Any advice is welcome. The thing is not loaded with apps - just a couple of games for the kids and it mainly gets used for youtube and general browsing. Thanks
  2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,062 / 1
    You may have a defective digitizer that's causing spurious inputs resulting in the effects you saw. I would suggest you Make a Genius Bar appointment at an Apple store so they can check out your iPad to confirm the cause of the problem.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  3. voodoocars

voodoocars iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for that. I had a look online (on a reliable laptop..) to see what you meant. I'll get booked in and they can sort it.