What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 owners, do you also have an ipad 1?

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
I dont have one. Wish I did, the design is beautiful.

I'm also an iPod Touch owner. Mine's now on my office desk, permanently switched on, as an email alerter and a radio player :)

Not much else need for it any more.

eddy20

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No I never got the iPad 1, decided to wait for the next version :)

Chrisppc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stopping the kids from begging me for the iPad 2 the minute I get home!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have both. I use them interchangeably, so I can charge or synch one and never be without. I also tend to use the iPad 2 at night, because its screen is dimmer, yellowish. I like that better than the bright white of my iPad 1. Otherwise, I like them both equally. I swap my 3G micro-SIM between them.

My husband has an iPad 1 that I got on clearance, but he's not addicted like I am.

nickstock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 1 is jailbroken and ihave some cool things like black keyboard but I thought I would still use it but every time I pick it up it just feels soooooo fat!,
I still can't believe how thin my iPad 2 is and yes it is faster.
I only had my iPad 1 for 5 months before I got my ipad2 and it's a shame to let it go.

Sent from my iPad2

v0n

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have both. I enjoy using the ipad 1 more because of its JBen status. Tweaks here and there creates a better OS experience compared to a unJBen device

I rely on my ipad 2 when I travel b/c its marginally easier to pack and lighter during use. I rely on it mainly for its games.

kenz0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never had the iPad 1. I never like to buy the first of anything. Currently I just have the iPad 2 and MBP 2011 which I don't use that much often unless I'm in school.

samch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have both but gave the ipad 1 to my son as he was always on it and so now I get the ipad 2 to myself to use when I want ;) plus without it being full of thomas storys and kids apps :)
he's only 3 and a half but can use the ipad easily, it's his favourite toy, I am amazed at how quick he picked using it up and can even navigate bbc iplayer (for cbeebies) and you tube (for cartoons)like its second nature, plays games like angry birds and real racing. I think the ipad 1 is better for kids as its just that bit bulkier and more solid if it gets dropped by accident.

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also let my kids use my iPad 1 and I have the 2 all to myself. They play many games and also have a lot of educational apps.

pdmike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my iPad I in December of last year, not knowing that iPad II was going to come out a couple of months later. I am not going to purchase an iPad II. I am going to wait for iPad III and get it then. I will hold off on iPad IV, and get iPad V when it comes out, etc., etc

I think the only way to handle planned obsolescence is to go the "every other version" route - and that's what I am going to do.

Rog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Excerpt < I taught that Apple employee a lesson! >

I bought my iPad 1 32gig 3g when it first came out and loved it. So much so that I purchased a Squaretrade warranty for my "precious".

When the iPad 2 first came out I resisted at first.

I loaned my iPad 1 to good friends that were going on a 5 day trip. When they got back they practically begged me to sell them mine.

I was still trying NOT to buy the iPad 2. They couldn't wait on me and bought a 32gig 3G iPad 2 for Mother's Day.

Well, I was having none of that, so I put my iPad 1 32gig 3G with 2 years left of a transferable Squaretrade warranty including accidental damage on craigslist for $550. I know what you're thinking but I got 2 offers to buy it within 4 hours. I also got 2 emails telling me to forget about getting $550 for a used iPad. I replied with "Can you buy a new or refurbed 32 gig 3G ipad 1 with a www.brenthaven.com 5 in 1 case with a 2 year accidental damage warranty?" I doubt I could get that price now.

My friends that bought the IPad 2 (they had to order it) ended up buying my iPad 1 for their daughter in-law.

Before I got a chance to order my iPad 2. I was told by a friend that my local Apple Store had some (AT&T Ipads) in stock.

I called first but by the time I got to the store they had sold the last 32gig 3G ipad 2. I was not happy after a 45 minute drive and 45 minute wait.

The sales-person then told me a 64gig 3G was only $100 bucks more.

After a minute or two I told him and my wife that I would buy the 64gig 3G iPad 2 "just to teach him a lesson".

What the hell, Father's day was coming up and I told my wife it was hers too, hehe.

Including full-time tech support for 2 friends iPads I'm loving my new white ipad2.

Wantednow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wasnt sure i was going to get one. to exspencive i think. but got Ipad 2 from GF :D so no didnt have first one

Most reactions

Latest posts