What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 On Sale in 12 More Countries

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iPad_2_Malaysia_launch.JPG

The iPad 2 went on sale in 12 more countries last week, starting with Japan on Thursday April 28, and then moving on to Hong Kong, India, Israel, Korea, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, Turkey and UAE on Friday April 29.The Associated Foreign Press (AFP) reports on how the launch fared in some of the countries, and it seems it was very much business as usual, with queues around the block, and lots of excitement everywhere. At the Apple store in Hong Kong, approximately 400 people queued in the rain.

“I have waited for over 12 hours and haven’t slept in 48 hours - I’m very tired but excited,†16-year-old mainland Chinese student Dandy Weng told AFP. “I will be the first in China to have the iPad 2. I’m speechless, it’s so exciting. I can’t say how happy I am right now!â€

In Singapore, only 100 iPad 2s were available for sale at an Apple authorised retailer, and in South Korea, AFP reports that 100 invited customers lined up from midnight, with student Kim Jung-Yun, 22, the first in line after waiting more than nine hours.

“I didn’t know I would be the first one but it’s marvellous and I would like to keep it as a valuable memory,†he told AFP.

Also reporting on the launch, Malaysia’s The Star paper said that hundreds had queued outside authorised Apple retailers in Kuala Lumpur, such as the Machines outlet at the MidValley Megamall. According to the paper, all iPad 2 stock in KL was sold within five hours, and it seems like that was the story in all of the 12 launch countries around the globe yesterday.

Source: Thousands queue for iPad 2 across Asia - Yahoo! UK & Ireland Finance, iPad 2 sold out in five hours

Most reactions

Latest posts