What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Officially Confirms iPad 2 Release in 25 More Countries this Friday

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iPad_2_launch.JPG

After plenty of speculation about the possibility of the launch of the iPad 2 in various countries being delayed, Apple has today issued official confirmation that the iPad 2 will be going on sale in all of the 25 countries where it was previously announced that it would be going on sale, namely:

Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK.

Just as with the US launch, the iPad 2 will be available in Apple Retail Stores in each of the countries at 5pm local time, and first in the online stores of the respective countries at 1am. Apple also took the opportunity to announce today that the iPad 2 will be launched in Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore and additional as yet unnamed countries in April, and even more after that. Here’s Steve Jobs talking about the launch:

“While competitors are still struggling to catch up with our first iPad, we’ve changed the game again with iPad 2. We’re experiencing amazing demand for iPad 2 in the US, and customers around the world have told us they can't wait to get their hands on it. We appreciate everyone’s patience and we are working hard to build enough iPads for everyone.â€

ziggs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Upset that I can't get mine!

I'm really annoyed that I can't even get my iPad2 here in California and it's being released internationally! I can't order online, as I travel a lot and might not be at home when it arrives. I've been to my nearest Apple store every morning (20 miles away) and still no 3Gs. Best Buys have stopped taking orders, and ATT and Verizon have none in stock, expecting deliveries "possibly" in 4 weeks. I'm an 8-year MobileMe member and long-time Apple fan with medical issues and NEED this when I travel. (No iPhone - print too small; no laptop, too heavy). I don't ask for priority consideration, but I just needed to vent. Meanwhile, I'll just enjoy this wonderful forum, and wait... wait... wait.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm really annoyed that I can't even get my iPad2 here in California and it's being released internationally! I can't order online, as I travel a lot and might not be at home when it arrives. I've been to my nearest Apple store every morning (20 miles away) and still no 3Gs. Best Buys have stopped taking orders, and ATT and Verizon have none in stock, expecting deliveries "possibly" in 4 weeks. I'm an 8-year MobileMe member and long-time Apple fan with medical issues and NEED this when I travel. (No iPhone - print too small; no laptop, too heavy). I don't ask for priority consideration, but I just needed to vent. Meanwhile, I'll just enjoy this wonderful forum, and wait... wait... wait.

Wow, Isn't it enough that you guys had it released 2 weeks earlier than us and for sure will have had more stock available too? The International market is just as important as the US one.

Most reactions

Latest posts