What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 jailbreak apps for videography production?

hotstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am about to get a canon 60d with a 18-200 lens, vanguard pistol grip tripod and stand, not decided on the light kit yet if anyone knows do share for indoor green screen shoots which can be a pain with slrs in general, but my question is what can I do with my iPad in the studio or on location?

I'm looking for a clip or stand to attach the iPad to a stand so that the talent or me vise versa can monitor the session for starts, are their other apps, accessories I should look into for the iPad in a video photo environment ?

I noticed several YouTube videos showing software to control SLR cams wirelessly, what about using the iPad as a view monitor?

Sent from my iPad2 64GB wifi 3G using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've moved this to the Hacking section, where I think it will receive better attention.

Tim

AFAccord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IMO, the best apps for photography/video production are App Store apps, not JB apps. I think the developers this this genre of software are more likely to go through the 'Apple Supported' route to promote and better their products, rather than offer less complex apps through Cydia with limited after-sales support.

I use an Eye-fi X2 card in my camera and Eye-fi App (Apple App Store) to transfer photos to the iPad instantly for review (the card can also generate its own wifi network when working in the field), but I'm not sure if it supports video transfer, haven't tried. Also, I switched to Nikon back in the 30D/40D era, so I'm not sure if Canon's video format is natively supported by the iPad or its apps.

As for post-production, I'd imagine iMovie is probably going to be your most robust and flexible video editing app since it's Apple's flagship, but I could be uninformed.

OP
H

hotstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Agree with AFAccord. App Store is the way to go...

Just asking, I never jb my iPad yet, I purchased tons f apps already as it is.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad2 64GB wifi 3G using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts