What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 is unable to join network while other media can

Maggie May

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear Scifan57,

Thank you so much – your solution worked a treat and I am now connected. As much as I love my Macs I dislike their habit of making it so difficult to connect to any products except their own.

Many thanks,
Maggie May

Maggie May

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear zstairlessone,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my problem. Fortunately it has been solved by going to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.

Thank you again for your time.

Cheers, Maggie May

Maggie May

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear Andrew,

Thank you for replying again. Sorry I couldn't try yesterday but lost electricity supply due to flooding (again!).

I updated to OS6.1.2 this morning and going to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings has solved my problem.

Thank you again for your time I really appreciate it.

Cheers,
Maggie May

Maggie May

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear zstairlessone,

Thank you very much for both your suggestions. I really appreciate all the time people have spent to solve my problem. iThingy things can be a pain in the proverbial!

Cheers,
Maggie May

Maggie May

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear Blue92,

Thank you for taking the time to post. Fortunately my problem has been solved! Yes, iThingies are an absolute pain when trying to connect to non-Mac products. However, I won't be forced to use their products only and hence am so grateful for this forum for solving my problem.

Cheers,
Maggie May

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dear Scifan57,

Thank you so much – your solution worked a treat and I am now connected. As much as I love my Macs I dislike their habit of making it so difficult to connect to any products except their own.

Many thanks,
Maggie May

Hi Maggie glad you have resolved the issue. Just for the record if you have wifi issues in most cases it is the modem router either is out of date with updates and or just used by date. Over the past 3 years this issue has popped up many times and with respect has been resolved by changing modems and routers. I have some 100 plus sites using iPads, iphones,pc's, Macs and other wifi products. Much that other computers may work fine we have found that when connecting new devices like Apple and Acer and in 3 cases Asus tablets issues occurred. the sites that were having issues had older modems and routers and once replaced all devices worked fine. we have 7 wifi networks where I am employed we have air conditioners, xbox, playstations smart tv's 30 pc,s plus a bank of mixed tablets connected to different wifi networks. Our It department updated all modems/ routers to the latest net gear units and now all devices work fine prior to that we had issues across many devices In several cases changing settings or resetting modems worked but at the end of the day it was not a final solution.
Hope that puts some light on it
Regards Colin Administrator

mcpete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Andrew's suggestion was "right on" for me. While at home, my iphone was finding the network, but ipad would only connect to neighbor's network. Thanks, Andrew! So glad I found this forum!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Andrew's suggestion was "right on" for me. While at home, my iphone was finding the network, but ipad would only connect to neighbor's network. Thanks, Andrew! So glad I found this forum!

Welcome to iPF, the biggest and best forum anywhere for information and chat about the iPad range from Apple.

We are an independent user group dedicated to helping with members iPad issues.

We have our own app, which can be downloaded from the App Store here: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8

Our administrator, Leelai, has written this tutorial for getting the best out of the app. Here is the link: http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...sistance/107524-ipad-forums-app-tutorial.html

Whether you are here looking for answers to multiple questions, or just one, feel free to stick around and join in with the conversation, and if you know of any iPad users who haven't discovered us yet, feel free to point them in our direction.

batty505

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need help; my ipad2 is unable to join network at home wifi while others like laptop and handphone can. I have done so many things to the extend buy a new wifi router but still fail.
Ironically, the ipad can connect to other wifi else where like at office, starbucks and etc.
Does anyone has idea to solve this problem?

So...
Your ipad can connect to other access points but not your home network.
Check your router to make sure your MAC address is allowed.
If you setup the router you should be able to login as admin. If its someone else have them help you.

Most reactions

Latest posts