What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 info needed

Roffski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, need some iPad 2 info, figured this is the best place to ask :)

Basically, the Laptop is old now and i don't want to spend on another one because it'll simply be overkill for my needs whatever one i buy, all i do really is browse the net, youtube and email, i don't even really watch films/listen to music on my Laptop, i don't believe its a good media device (Any Laptop)...

I have access to a desktop whenever i need it so updates/downloads/etc/more serious work (lol) can be done from there.

I have an iPhone 4 which is fine for light browsing but cannot replace my Laptop for it, but can the iPad? Is the browser a full Safari browser or is it similar to the iPhones?

Also interested in iCloud which i think would make the iPhone and the iPad a great combo for my needs.

Not worried about lack of space as such as i still have about 10GB of space on my iPhone after most of my music and again, a desktop.

My main concern at the moment, is the browser, don't want to use Tapatalk from browsing forums, it needs to be fast and snappy etc...

I'm not a big Apple fan (I just love the simplicity and engineering of the products) so i Jailbreak my devices to get the most out of them, i would like to Jailbreak the iPad 2, but i would also like to, if its not already, update to IOS5 which has been the most worthwhile firmware update in years...

As i understand it, no firmware over 4.3.3 is currently available for Jailbreaking, any ideas how long its going to be before we see at least a tethered Jailbreak for IOS5?

Thanks for any advice you can offer :)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts