What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will a 16GB iPad be good enough for me?

AngryBird

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm getting an iPad 2 but I'm stuck between getting the 16GB, or 32GB model.
I plan on using my iPad for:
iTunes Songs: I don't have many songs, about 35
Games: Not many games entertain me that much (only the classics like Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja) so about 10-15 games
Apps: I only need the basics like Facebook, Twitter, Skype etc.... so about maybe 8-10 apps
Movies: I don't plan on having any movies on it except for if i'm going on a plane which I might put 1 or 2 movies on my iPad and delete them when I get off the plane.
Photos and Videos: I like to take lots of videos, so I think these will take up the most space.
I plan on Web-Browsing a lot, I also have a 16GB iPhone 4 and its space is perfect it has all I need on it and around 10GB to spare, but I think because the iPad is a bigger device I might download a lot more apps and have some more movies on it.
Thanks for the responses!

Drek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What's the average size of your video files? Take a look at that size and multiple it by how ever many you take in a month. That should give you an idea of what you'll need in size. For example, I plan to use mine to store a lot of technical reference books. The average book size is 50MB. So if I were to store 200 books that would be 10GB of required space. I'll not have that many on the device at a time but it's a good reference point. I really want the 64GB but the 32GBis more than suitable for my needs. I'll have ample space for documents and whatever else I need, although I don't plan on adding music to it because I have a 32GB iPod Touch 4th Generation.

Welcome aboard.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi AngryBird - welcome to the forum! :)

From your specifications, the amount of music (depending on format), images (also sizes), and videos can be completely unpredictable, and I suspect (as w/ all of us) that you will eventually want to store more than you think is currently needed?

I'd suggest just going w/ the 32GB model (the one that I own) if the price is not an issue; if so, then 16GB is plenty of space but you'll really need to limit movies/video/LOTs of music/etc. - but please keep us posted as to your choice - good luck!

ruihu908

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Other than your video preference, it's enough.

On the other hand, you'll often find yourself with newer awesome apps, and eventually they'll fill up the space quite easily. Especially since apps are generally larger in size for the iPad.

I guess as long as you don't install any large 3D games, or offline reference apps, or tons of movies, you should be fine! :thumbs:

Most reactions

Latest posts