ipad 2, I'll just wait for #3

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Techdad2, Mar 2, 2011.

1. tzimisce

tzimisce
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Sure, but I've just stopped thinking in terms of comparing/competing between stuff a long time ago. Reason being, again, there will never be an end to the comparisons - it's a given that you'd expect a newer product will have better hardware and specs. It's a meaningless pissing contest.

At the end of the day, the iPad, whether 1 or 2, is just a material thing. A useful thing, a cool thing, a fun thing - but ultimately still a thing which, at the end of the day, anyone who really wants to can save up and buy.

2. iVan

iVan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    It's easy to change the Sim card but you have to tell your 3G service provider.

When I registered mine I had to give out the device's model and serial numbers. I you don't it could be considered an offense.

3. DontUnderstandMyIpad

DontUnderstandMyIpad
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    What a &$#%"Â¥ provider. I pay for the 3G plan to use data and it is non of my providers business what device I use it with.

I am assuming you are referring to a US provider?

#33 DontUnderstandMyIpad, Mar 4, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  4. Kingsmuse

Kingsmuse
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Guess I`s still waiting for a tablet to fit my needs then.

I haven`t had the opportunity to get my hands on the Xoom yet.
    It certainly looks sweet though.

5. Demandarin

Demandarin
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Looks can be decieving
    Dont judge a book by its cover
    Lmao all apply here

6. Demandarin

Demandarin
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    You right n thats exactly the point. You can never keep up. Tech changes exponentially everyday. But i do love to have the newest tech device out though. Eitherway, im still amazed and pleased with my original ipad. I have the same wow factor with it today as i did day one when i got it back in july. It fits all my computing needs perfectly!

7. nickora

nickora
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I really think that when developers come to developing an app that the costings mean tehy try to make it available for both iphone and ipad rather than just one over the other, to really take advantage of the ipad 2 new features you wouldnt be able to do that and so I dont think there's a need for the ipad 2 as yet.

8. tzimisce

tzimisce
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Comparing specs reminds me of those Top Trumps cards where the entire point of the game was to out-spec the other players on numbers alone: it's a rather superficial comparison, and how you manage and use the device counts for a lot more than how much more advanced your hardware is. (But Top Trumps was crazy fun to play, though.)

9. 1million

1million
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Im getting the Ipad 2 simple because I just got the Ipad 1 for my Bday (from my wife) and I can return it to the store and wait four days and then the Ipad 2 drops. So for me it makes sense to get the Ipad 2. Now if I had my Ipad since day one I wouldnt give the Ipad 2 any thought.

10. Biggysmallz

Biggysmallz
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Want to ask this question; Will the iMovie app work on the iPad 1?