ipad 2, I'll just wait for #3

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Techdad2, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Techdad2

Techdad2 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Having owned the Original ipad(now old) since week one, and already with my share of cases, stands that won't fit the #2, I find it hard for me to justify the purchase. I'm still amazed with the one that I already own and having just upgraded to iphone4 the camera deal on the ipad 2 is not a deal breaker IMOP.

If it had a SD slot and an usb port, that might have me thinking seriously about ipad2 , but being thinner and faster and even lighter are features that won't deter my enjoyment of the "Original version". I'll just start saving up some money for #3, because if Apple stays true to form ipad 3 won't be anything like ipad 1 or ipad 2 (remember the ipod Nano & Touch ?) and soon to be iphone.
  2. the_john

the_john iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In the Apple store there is a SD card reader. I'd honestly much rather have that than a built in one.
  3. Kingsmuse

Kingsmuse iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Personally the new iPad is a fairly large disappointment.

There`s no motivation to buy one considering it has no real improvement over the first one.

I won`t wait for iPad3 though I`ll get the Xoom.

:)
  4. Thphilli

Thphilli iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    That makes absolutely no sense. You would rather have to carry an accessory with you than have it just built into the tablet?
  5. IpadOne

IpadOne iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0

currently i agree with you , but i will not get the xoom, the current one is perfect ... i will wait to see if the 2 is really more faster
  6. ajneuman

ajneuman iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I played with the Xoom the other day... It's not that good. The os is buggy and slow. The hardware is heavy and the screen glare is worse than the iPad.
  7. Demandarin

Demandarin iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Xoom failed, no software or apps hardly for tablet form. Compare 100 honeycomb apps to apple ipads 65,000+. No comparison. Software makes or breaks devices n apple has apos downpacked!
  8. IpadOne

IpadOne iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0

About this it's clear Apple is milestones in front of all ... but let say the iPad2 is not so big improvement we can wait from them the weak point (in my eyes)
    No Retina
    No larger memory capacity (ex: 128Go)
    No storage possible
    No USB port for 3 party accessoiries

The 2 one is faster Ok, ok but for the way we use , i don't think we need that , lighter ok but ... i am satisfied with the current one

Anyway let see when we get it in hand how it will work, but is sure i will not rush for it
  9. Demandarin

Demandarin iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Good points, no rush but its still the best on the market or coming to the market regardless odf missing those things. I still luv my original ipad so i do see where u comin from. N remember even on ipad1, theres a work around for most things not abke to be done stock.
  10. peled

peled iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    iPad-2 is just a marketing hype. Shame on Apple to make such a fuzz , for nothing.
    If iPAD-1 will cost $150 less then iPAD-2 . Go for the iPAD-1
  11. col.bris

col.bris Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +485 / 0
    I disagree the improvements are better than expected but at the end of the day no one said you have to upgrade. I. Will pass my iPad on to my partner as wants her own computer and it is perfect for her needs.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  12. Abrennan

Abrennan iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bought one, will but two, can't wait for three. Bring it on Apple.
  13. Wakawaka

Wakawaka iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Poor folk won't buy a 2nd iPad.

Any who, I have a valid reason to buy the iPad 2. My iPad is going to be full blown work tool, and iPad 2 is my personal.

Or I may give my iPad to my dad.. Dunno quite yet. Either way I'm getting the new one. I can really use the cameras..
  14. tzimisce

tzimisce iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    On the contrary, Apple dominate their competitors not just on products, but also at creating brand equity and audience mindshare. Just look at the mad crazy sales of the Verizon iPhone even though it's an 'old' product. Brand equity also reinforces customer loyalty because people who own their products want to be associated with the brand, e.g. people who already own one Apple product are more likely to purchase a second or more products.
  15. iPadster

iPadster iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I am wondering how long a new iPad 1 will be available.
  16. 5er driver

5er driver iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I don't have a first gen iPad, I would have bought one if it had a decent display like the current iPhone 4 's Retina. I was really hoping the iPad 2 would have a better display than the 1st gen. So I guess I'll wait for the iPad3.
  17. tzimisce

tzimisce iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    It also depends on one's personal expectations. Many of the perceived shortcomings which some fanboys take on an almost personal level are non-issues to the vast majority of potential customers who will be happy to own an iPad, whether 1 or 2.
  18. DavidNM

DavidNM iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's kind of funny - but I've got little urge to rush out and buy an iPad 2. Looking at my current iPad - it's exactly what I want. Speed isn't an issue, USB or SD isn't an issue, weight isn't an issue, I'm a photographer and already have a $3K camera. Buy buying an iPad 2 right now the main thing I would do is make my 5 cases obsolete.

Sure I will buy one eventually - but I might wait a year and keep going with what I have.
  19. Gunny008

Gunny008 iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I believe that iOS 4.3 will make safari a fair bit faster on the original ipad since they adding the new nitro JavaScript into safari. Which should match the speed of the new iPad (probably few secs slower if that)

When iOS 5 lands we might see some differences but the original iPad will run it smoothly. Once iOS 5 is out, iPad 3 will show up in 2012 and that would be the perfect time for an original iPad owner to consider upgrading.

Something to look forward to.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  20. Dvmpiper

Dvmpiper iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I won my iPad in a drawing, so not sure if I'll go to the iPad 2. The one I have is convenient enough for me to use at work in a vet clinic for drug calculations and keeping reference material on. The only thing I will like to have is the ability to use my smartphone, a BB Torch, as a hotspot to connect to the Net occasionally. I haven't ever been a huge Apple fan over the years, so not sure that my current Apple product will keep me getting them. Personally, the constant getting the newest and latest as soon as it comes out is more expensive in the long run versus using what you have and are used to already. But, that is a frugal upbringing.