ipad 2, I'll just wait for #3

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Techdad2, Mar 2, 2011.

1. col.bris

col.bris
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I disagree the improvements are better than expected but at the end of the day no one said you have to upgrade. I. Will pass my iPad on to my partner as wants her own computer and it is perfect for her needs.

#11 col.bris, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  2. Abrennan

Abrennan
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Bought one, will but two, can't wait for three. Bring it on Apple.

3. Wakawaka

Wakawaka
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Poor folk won't buy a 2nd iPad.

Any who, I have a valid reason to buy the iPad 2. My iPad is going to be full blown work tool, and iPad 2 is my personal.

Or I may give my iPad to my dad.. Dunno quite yet. Either way I'm getting the new one. I can really use the cameras..

4. tzimisce

tzimisce
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    On the contrary, Apple dominate their competitors not just on products, but also at creating brand equity and audience mindshare. Just look at the mad crazy sales of the Verizon iPhone even though it's an 'old' product. Brand equity also reinforces customer loyalty because people who own their products want to be associated with the brand, e.g. people who already own one Apple product are more likely to purchase a second or more products.

5. iPadster

iPadster
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I am wondering how long a new iPad 1 will be available.

6. 5er driver

5er driver
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I don't have a first gen iPad, I would have bought one if it had a decent display like the current iPhone 4 's Retina. I was really hoping the iPad 2 would have a better display than the 1st gen. So I guess I'll wait for the iPad3.

7. tzimisce

tzimisce
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    It also depends on one's personal expectations. Many of the perceived shortcomings which some fanboys take on an almost personal level are non-issues to the vast majority of potential customers who will be happy to own an iPad, whether 1 or 2.

8. DavidNM

DavidNM
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    It's kind of funny - but I've got little urge to rush out and buy an iPad 2. Looking at my current iPad - it's exactly what I want. Speed isn't an issue, USB or SD isn't an issue, weight isn't an issue, I'm a photographer and already have a $3K camera. Buy buying an iPad 2 right now the main thing I would do is make my 5 cases obsolete.

Sure I will buy one eventually - but I might wait a year and keep going with what I have.

9. Gunny008

Gunny008
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I believe that iOS 4.3 will make safari a fair bit faster on the original ipad since they adding the new nitro JavaScript into safari. Which should match the speed of the new iPad (probably few secs slower if that)

When iOS 5 lands we might see some differences but the original iPad will run it smoothly. Once iOS 5 is out, iPad 3 will show up in 2012 and that would be the perfect time for an original iPad owner to consider upgrading.

Something to look forward to.

#19 Gunny008, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  10. Dvmpiper

Dvmpiper
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I won my iPad in a drawing, so not sure if I'll go to the iPad 2. The one I have is convenient enough for me to use at work in a vet clinic for drug calculations and keeping reference material on. The only thing I will like to have is the ability to use my smartphone, a BB Torch, as a hotspot to connect to the Net occasionally. I haven't ever been a huge Apple fan over the years, so not sure that my current Apple product will keep me getting them. Personally, the constant getting the newest and latest as soon as it comes out is more expensive in the long run versus using what you have and are used to already. But, that is a frugal upbringing.