What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 GSM frozen on apple icon

inkfish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have changed the screen on an iPad2 & wifi antenna but will not boot up it just sticks on the apple icon. We know this is common with jail broken devices but our customers swears blind it hasn't been could there be any other reason for this as we are not able to hardware reset it into recovery mode HELP

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Issues like this which happen in conjunction with modifying or maintaing items of hardware (such as replacing the screen and the antenna) normally point to something going wrong with that process. It's unlikely to be anything to do with the software.

Are you able to put the device into DFU mode and does any PC with iTunes installed recognise it when you connect it in this mode? If not, then it sounds like you may have a more serious hardware fault.

OP
I

inkfish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes won't recognise it, how do I get it into DFU mode - thanks.

OP
I

inkfish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks ever so will have a go and let you know

Most reactions

Latest posts