What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Glass Replacement

jpcsolutions

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need to replace the cracked glass on my iPad 2. Do you know if, like the iPhone, does the iPad 2 replacement screen require the glass digitizer and lcd come as one piece, or does the glass come separately?

I'm confused.

Thanks in advance, for your help!

JPC Solutions

OP
J

jpcsolutions

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No. That takes too long. I figured someone in here would know that and be able to get back to me quicker than Apple.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The digitizer and screen come as separate parts,but require the proper tools and knowledge to safely replace.

rlapoint

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you are close to an Apple store, take it in. You may be pleasantly surprised. They have been very accomodating lately.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
rlapoint said:
If you are close to an Apple store, take it in. You may be pleasantly surprised. They have been very accomodating lately.

If you do decide to take it into an Apple store,make sure you back up your iPad and restore it to factory settings before taking it in.Apple policy in the case of repairs is to exchange your iPad for a refurbished model after you pay the repair fee.You then get a perfectly working iPad right away,which you can set up from your back up.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts