1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Broken glass increased protection

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Alphaomegasul, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Alphaomegasul

Alphaomegasul iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Purchased iPad 2 wifi + 3G on 7-4-11. On 8-3-11. iPad slipped off my bed on to tile floor cracking the glass. I will bring it back to store where purchased and see if they will replace for free as I've read they have done for others.

iPad impacted the tile floor on a corner denting the aluminum back and cracking the glass in the same corner to about 3/8" from corner. iPad had no cover. Even with a cover, there is insufficient protection from a fall like this.

Does anyone know where I can buy a cover which will protect the iPad from falling on a corner or on the face of the glass.
  2. jmorton10

jmorton10 iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    You might try an OtterBox.
  3. Phatboy

Phatboy iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Check out the Gumdrop Drop Tech case. It sells for $59.95 from Amazon and directly from Gumdrop, but CostCo is selling it right now for $44.95 until August 7th. And they're including 2 extra replacement covers in the bundle, each of which normally costs $15.95 each from Gumdrop.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/GumDrop-Drop-Tech-Apple-Black/dp/B004TA79MO/ref=sr_1_1?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals&ie=UTF8&qid=1312493508&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: GumDrop Drop Tech Series Case for Apple iPad 2, (Red/Black): Electronics[/ame]