What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 display lines

Chababe62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad display lines

ipad2.jpg Display was fine and then turned it on & now it's not is it the display itself or connection issue.
Thanks

Last edited:

localhost8080

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
jonathansblog.co.uk
looks like its broken perfectly down the middle...

maybe the gpu is actually 2 gpu's and one is dead...

id take it to the apple store and show them :|

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 28938 Display was fine and then turned it on & now it's not is it the display itself or connection issue.
Thanks

Whenever your iPad acts a bit weird, rather than listening to any doomsayers suggesting there is something wrong with it and should be immediately taken back to Apple, first try to do a Full Reset of your machine. (Sorry if you already know about this)

Here's how: hold down your Home and Power On/Off buttons at the same time until the screen goes dark. Keep holding both down until the Apple logo appears, then let both go. Then wait, could be a while, until the On slide button appears. You have reset your iPad, and not lost any info whatever but tidied up its internals.

Let us know how that went, good or not good. Unless there is something really physically wrong with your iPad, there are solutions via these forums that could help you.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
C

Chababe62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Andrew , no hard rest didn't work also when i turn the ipad the lines stay and digitizer
seems to work.
:rolleyes:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Andrew , no hard rest didn't work also when i turn the ipad the lines stay and digitizer
seems to work.
:rolleyes:

OK, a couple more things you could do before finally deciding to take your iPad back to Apple, the last more drastic than the first:
(A). Settings, General, Reset and then tap "Reset all Settings" this resets all your preferences and settings but you still retain data such as contacts, calendars and media such as songs and videos.
(B). Erase all content and settings and bring your iPad back to "factory fresh" status, as follows:
Settings, General, Reset and then tap "Erase all Content and Settings". You will lose all your data and settings but will start off
again at the point where you acquired you iPad.

Now if those lines stay it could be your poor iPad physically Love to know how you got on
All the best, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts