What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 display problem ?

vidcare

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iSO 9.2.1 upgrade ? Im almost 99% certain since upgrade on power "up" the display has lines across and up and down covering the apps, Apple Guro say its the display without even handling the unit ? when i show them the temp cure by pressing the top button on/off the display is 100% ok until i power "off" and the next time i switch "on" the lines appear then switching on/off button once again display is ok ?
any one with any idea
cheers

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've deleted the second thread you started on this same topic as duplicate posts can cause confusion and fracture any resulting conversations as well as being against our rules.

Last edited:

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sounds like a coincidence with the iOS upgrade. What you are describing sounds like a loose lcd cable which is common for the iPad 2. This is usually remedied by smacking the back of the iPad as a temporary fix, or opening the iPad and securing the cable as a permanent fix.

But on the off chance it may be software related, Try backing up your iPad and restoring it via iTunes to see if that helps.

OP
V

vidcare

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like a coincidence with the iOS upgrade. What you are describing sounds like a loose lcd cable which is common for the iPad 2. This is usually remedied by smacking the back of the iPad as a temporary fix, or opening the iPad and securing the cable as a permanent fix.

But on the off chance it may be software related, Try backing up your iPad and restoring it via iTunes to see if that helps.
Cheers for your reply I have gone down that path as you suggested restore via iTunes without success thinking a long the lines if its possible to load a lower iOS Your other idea sounds a possibility and i will look into it ?many thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Downgrading to an older iOS version is not an option. Apple is not signing any iOS version older than iOS 9.2.1. This means that even if you found an older iOS download file, it would fail verification and wouldn't install.

OP
V

vidcare

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Downgrading to an older iOS version is not an option. Apple is not signing any iOS version older than iOS 9.2.1. This means that even if you found an older iOS download file, it would fail verification and wouldn't install.
Cheers for your info, smacking the back had no affect i will just have to resort to my temp cure depressing the top button and sign "in" twice,

Most reactions

Latest posts