1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad 2 backlight gone

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Garve, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Garve

Garve iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The backlight on my 18 month old iPad 2 has gone. There was no obvious reason - no accident or water damage. It's never been jailbroken and is now out of warranty.

I can just about see the icons on the screen, so am able to control it if the ambient light is low. I've turned the brightness up as high as it goes which helps a little. I've done a full restore without any improvement, so it would certainly seem to be a hardware issue rather than a software one.

Does it sound like I'm correct that it's the backlight which has gone?

Apple want £230 (UK pounds, approx $300) which isn't an option - I'd rather buy a new Android tablet. A local repairman has said he'd do it for between £100 and £130 (depending upon whether the screen cracks when he removes it). That's still a very large chunk of the cost of a new Nexus 7, so I'm not sure.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there any chance it could still be a software issue?

cheers

Garve