What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 Apps Question

shekoasinger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive been wondering whether it is possible to, next to the apps written for the ipad itself, it's also possible to use normal apps that are used on the ipod/iphone?

Thanks for answering in advance.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
shekoasinger said:
Ive been wondering whether it is possible to, next to the apps written for the ipad itself, it's also possible to use normal apps that are used on the ipod/iphone?

Thanks for answering in advance.

Yes, both apps native to the iPad and those native to the iTouch and iPhone can be downloaded and run on your iPad. The iPhone/iTouch apps will run at a lower resolution and may not run in landscape mode (on occasion something may not work). Any app that you see in the App Store with a "+" mark near the price is a "Universal App" that is available at the stated price (for both) and has been individually written for both devices. Other apps may have a separate price, one for the iPad and another for the iPhone/iTouch, these do not have the plus sign.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
But keep in mind that if those apps for the 'smaller' devices have not been re-written for the larger screen of the iPad, they will appear on the iPad in a small image format; there is a 2x option to enlarge the app but the pixels are also enlarged making the images rather ugly - I can live w/ the few iPod (sans no iPad equivalent) apps I've loaded on my iPad but not a great choice regarding their appearance. Of course, you can always check to see if there is an iPad version - let us know what you think - :)

Most reactions

Latest posts