What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbroken Apps

Reaction score
Hello,

The device I'm speaking about is the iPad.

I was wondering if it's possible to install jailbroken apps on a NON-jailbroken iPad. So let's say my friend has a jailbroken iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch and I don't. Can I copy the apps from his iTunes folder (on pc) and simply paste them in my iTunes folder (also pc)?

The folder I'm speaking of is: Music -> iTunes -> iTunes Media -> Mobile Applications

Thanks!

OP
A
Reaction score
Ok. What if I jailbreak it, download the apps I want and take it back to factory settings (reset it). Will I lose the apps I downloaded when it was jailbroken?

Fabytm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, you will lose them.After you restore your device, the jailbreak will already be deleted.After, if you decides to restore after a back-up you will have all your AppStore apps without the cydia ones.Also, you need to know that iTunes doesn't backup jail broken apps(not even cracked Install0us apps).

Basically iTunes backups only apps which are bought from that account.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
A
Reaction score
I guess this is my last attempt before I think of jailbreaking.

If my friend BOUGHT the app, can I still copy it from the folder?

Thanks!

Most reactions