Ipad 2 and facebook refsh brings up youtube...

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by John99, Sep 28, 2011.

1. John99

John99
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Seem to have a problem in that if I use the Facebook app or friendly on my iPad on a refresh YouTube pops up and has a button to play a video.

The video that comes up is a video of a baseball field. I didn't click to play fearing it is a virus or something. It does have the YouTube URL thou.

Here is the URL

Anyone else notice this?

#1 John99, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
  2. Missbonline

Missbonline
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I started getting this same problem today as well however mine switches between a foo fighters video and an msnbc video. Not sure what exactly is going on. Not even a fresh install or reboot fixes it.

3. kmx

kmx
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    same problem here, it's loading my friends last youtube posts.. WTH??? Please help!

4. cacher1

cacher1
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    same here, wife was on my iPad and I come home to this, not a happy bunny. Mind you its only FB, I can live without it.:D

5. John99

John99
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Further to this, mine pops up with a Pink Floyd YouTube video... I clicked I like the group a long time ago, and now the pink Floyd video pops up every time I bring up facebook on my iPad or refresh it. Unliking Pink Floyd doesn't appear to stop this problem! :(

6. addiosamigo

addiosamigo
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I was getting a dark souls video game vid popping up! I thought my iPad was possessed!

7. jssl10

jssl10
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    The same issues recently happened to my ipad. I have no idea what to do. Did you figure out how to fix it?

8. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    So, yesterday, I was sitting here, reading these posts and thinking "oh thank goodness it's not happening to me!"

HA!

So, now I get a video when I first open Facebook (I use the iPhone app and 2x it up...). When I opened it, it took me to the web where I have the option to play Tom Petty's song "The Waiting (Live 1985)." And yes, it's annoying.

I did find a workaround. Don't play the video and either swipe up or doubleclick the home button to open the multitasker bar. The Facebook app will be there and if you press it, Facebook opens "normally." Well, it did for me and I was able to look at the new posts and such.

Very odd, but I hope my "solution" helps others until Facebook figures out what the heck is happening...

Marilyn

9. Cheeringmom

Cheeringmom
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Is this some type of virus? I just got this iPad and also an iMac so apple is new to me but I thought I
    wouldn't have to worry about stuff like this. It seems that when I am on FB and search for a friend their last
    YouTube video they posted comes up. Weird.​

10. andrejbruno

andrejbruno
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Same here...
    Every time i'm browsing the news feed on the facebook app and somebody posted an youtube video, the freaking video opens automatically!! Its driving me crazy!
    Does somebody knows if its an ipad problem (like some type of virus or something) or an app problem?
    Thanks