What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 and facebook refsh brings up youtube...

John99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seem to have a problem in that if I use the Facebook app or friendly on my iPad on a refresh YouTube pops up and has a button to play a video.

The video that comes up is a video of a baseball field. I didn't click to play fearing it is a virus or something. It does have the YouTube URL thou.

Here is the URL

Anyone else notice this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Missbonline

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I started getting this same problem today as well however mine switches between a foo fighters video and an msnbc video. Not sure what exactly is going on. Not even a fresh install or reboot fixes it.

kmx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
same problem here, it's loading my friends last youtube posts.. WTH??? Please help!

OP
J

John99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Further to this, mine pops up with a Pink Floyd YouTube video... I clicked I like the group a long time ago, and now the pink Floyd video pops up every time I bring up facebook on my iPad or refresh it. Unliking Pink Floyd doesn't appear to stop this problem! :(

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was getting a dark souls video game vid popping up! I thought my iPad was possessed!

jssl10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The same issues recently happened to my ipad. I have no idea what to do. Did you figure out how to fix it?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, yesterday, I was sitting here, reading these posts and thinking "oh thank goodness it's not happening to me!"

HA!

So, now I get a video when I first open Facebook (I use the iPhone app and 2x it up...). When I opened it, it took me to the web where I have the option to play Tom Petty's song "The Waiting (Live 1985)." And yes, it's annoying.

I did find a workaround. Don't play the video and either swipe up or doubleclick the home button to open the multitasker bar. The Facebook app will be there and if you press it, Facebook opens "normally." Well, it did for me and I was able to look at the new posts and such.

Very odd, but I hope my "solution" helps others until Facebook figures out what the heck is happening...

Marilyn

Cheeringmom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is this some type of virus? I just got this iPad and also an iMac so apple is new to me but I thought I
wouldn't have to worry about stuff like this. It seems that when I am on FB and search for a friend their last
YouTube video they posted comes up. Weird.​

andrejbruno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here...
Every time i'm browsing the news feed on the facebook app and somebody posted an youtube video, the freaking video opens automatically!! Its driving me crazy!
Does somebody knows if its an ipad problem (like some type of virus or something) or an app problem?
Thanks

rogdas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems just started yesterday. Whenever somebody post a youtube in their wall no matter how many. Fb will open it up one by one evrytime you open or refresh your fb.

andrejbruno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Today, 12:34 PMMickey330
So, yesterday, I was sitting here, reading these posts and thinking "oh thank goodness it's not happening to me!"

HA!

So, now I get a video when I first open Facebook (I use the iPhone app and 2x it up...). When I opened it, it took me to the web where I have the option to play Tom Petty's song "The Waiting (Live 1985)." And yes, it's annoying.

I did find a workaround. Don't play the video and either swipe up or doubleclick the home button to open the multitasker bar. The Facebook app will be there and if you press it, Facebook opens "normally." Well, it did for me and I was able to look at the new posts and such.

Very odd, but I hope my "solution" helps others until Facebook figures out what the heck is happening...

Marilyn

I tried but it didn't work for me...grrrrr
Thanks anyway Marilyn

OP
J

John99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, on the top right corner you will see all stories, if you select any item BESIDES link, You won't get the YouTube pop up. A work around, but a pain!

Hopefully Facebook comes out with a fix.

In the mean time I use mypad for Facebook as I don't get the YouTube popup with the app!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, it's not a virus.

It's just some bug in Facebook's programming for video links. Again, we just have to wait until [the proverbial] they fix it.

Hopefully it'll be soon...

Marilyn

bobshoring

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm getting the same thing. Using the latest facebook app on my iPad. I tried removing facebook and reinstalling. I haven't opened any of the videos as i fear there may be malware. Driving me nuts.

Most reactions

Latest posts