1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Youtube Videos Don't Play On Safari

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by AsianBoyStyle, Feb 19, 2012.

1. AsianBoyStyle

AsianBoyStyle iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey folks,

I don't know if anyone else has had this issue before but here goes.
    Up until a couple of days ago, i could play videos on youtube both on the actual original ipad Youtube app that it comes with on your homescreen and as the regular website which you visit on your browser on youtube.com. I don't know if it's just me, but i prefer just using safari and then going to youtube.
    Now for some reason, when i use safari and go to youtube, the homepage screen displays fine, but as soon as you try to tap on the play button, the display screen (not the whole screen) turns blank and you can only hear the audio play and only the bottom half comments and description window is all you see, but the actual vid doesn't play and stays blank.
    Now if i use the actual youtube app on the homescreen, it works fine. The youtube website version doesn't play videos. This is so weird and is a nuisance.
    Can anyone please help or at least explain? Thanks in advance.
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +755 / 0
    Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

Well, if the YouTube videos were previously working fine w/i Safari, the issue may be a misbehaving browser - my first suggestion is to 'shut down' Safari, i.e. open the multi-taskbar at the bottom of the iPad (double tap the home button or use multi-finger gesturing); find the Safari icon, press and hold until it starts to jiggle, then press the minus sign to close the app; return to the home screen and try again. Also, in 'Settings' under Safari, you could 'Clear Cookies and Data' which might help - not sure?

If the above does not correct the problem, then 'Restart' and if not successful 'Reset' the iPad - directions HERE - good luck.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. AsianBoyStyle

AsianBoyStyle iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Giradman,

Thanks for the suggestions. I actually didn't get a chance to try those out because i upgraded my os to iOS5 then synced it with my pc, and the regular youtube website videos started playing fine. Now, i won't know whether that was the real fix or maybe youtube worked out their own issues, but bottom line is it's playing fine now on both the regular website and the app. Thanks bro
  4. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +755 / 0
    Fine AsianBoy - upgrading would be pretty similar to a 'Reset' (and more) - so glad all worked out well for you! :)