What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 and external speaker question

spsssw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi all ..

will using an external speaker save iPad 2 battery life. ..well since it'd save some power producing the sound, that's what I think but I might be wrong though ..anyone knows if it really going to save battery life?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
I doubt it, how are you getting audio to the external speaker? Via bluetooth would use more battery, via headphone socket would probably still mean the amplifier is powered.

Are you that worried about battery life that you think this is worth it?

Just get an external battery pack if you need more time between charges.

The battery on the ipad is pretty awesome, easily get 8 to 10 hours of heavy usage.

OP
S

spsssw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope. I'm not using a Bluetooth speaker. Bose companion 2 via aux in port. Will that save battery since Bose speaker is doing the sound producing.

OP
S

spsssw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let's say I on the volume on the iPad to the minimum ..let's say just one bar. And then I adjust the volume on the by turning the volume nob on the Bose itself ...will that somehow save battery?

OP
S

spsssw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Because now I use iPad for work too. I need it to last from morning till evening. It's not so convenient to recharge mid day

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Well get an external battery pack, or you can even get them built into a case.

Has your battery run out during the day yet (from 100% charge at start)? As I said 8 to 10 hours heavy usage is the norm for me.

OP
S

spsssw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well ..I usually see my son in school during his lunch break ... Which also happen to be my lunch. He is also playing angry bird and other games during that time, and he always turn the volume more than half ..

OP
S

spsssw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What did u mean by battery built in the case? Does apple sell that?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Apple doesn't but plenty of third partys do. Google iPad backup battery case and you'll find plenty of examples.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alright, let me clear things up.

An external speaker system, one that is self powered, will save battery.
Set your volume around the 4th notch. Then adjust the speakers to suit your hearing.
That will save more battery then the internal speaker.

And Bluetooth, obviously, will drain WAY more.

But the difference in battery with internal vs. external is so minuscule, you won't even notice a difference.

Most reactions

Latest posts