What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi Fi iPad speakers

sirandrewmuir

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I travel with my wife I would like to take our extensive library of clasical music with us. To listen we need decent portable Hi Fi speakers. Questions
1. Do they have to be bluetooth?
2. Can a battery operated system such as Logitech or Phillips Fidelio really give adequate volume?
3. Mains powered speakers such as Nakamichi can give incredible sound from quite small speakers. Can the iPa feed such speakers?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You don't need BlueTooth speakers, but they are convenient. You can use any type of speakers with your iPad that uses a 3.5mm stereo plug like those made for computer systems.

And a bit off topic, but you might want to check out Classic Cat Classic Cat - the free classical music directory

They have over 6000 classical music performances that are in the public domain. Some are lesser-known "up and coming" artists and ensembles, but also many college orchestras. They are in .MP3 format and can be downloaded and added to your iTunes library.

It is also from this site that I discovered the podcasts from the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in Boston. They have two podcasts a month featuring some of the finest classical performances I have ever heard!
ISGM Music: Concert Highlights

Good listening!

OP
S

sirandrewmuir

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks. Very helpful. I have managed to upload to my iPad more than a hundred of my better classical CDs what a joy at last not only to able to take my nusic with me wherever I go but to selct what I want in seconds without having to rummage through my collection and then put in the CD and then select the particluar mocement I wanted. My life has changed for the better.

Most reactions

Latest posts