What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad 2 32 wifi & 3G

LizzyG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is Liz and Im new to the forums and Apple. I live in Mexico. I bought my Ipad in the states.. My question is this. Where do I find the sim pin code to unlock my sim. We do not have ATT or Verizon here. Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance!
Liz :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is Liz and Im new to the forums and Apple. I live in Mexico. I bought my Ipad in the states.. My question is this. Where do I find the sim pin code to unlock my sim. We do not have ATT or Verizon here. Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance!
Liz :)

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

I saw your problem using the iPad that you bought in the US. Did you use it there before you returned home? In any case, you need to purchase a new SIM from a local service provider and remove the SIM that's in the iPad now. If it has a SIM then it's an AT&T model that works on the GSM standard and that will work just fine in your country. So check which service provider has the best plan for you - do you want pay-as-you-go or monthly, automatically renewable etc - and - very important - who has the best cellular coverage for the area in which you live. Perhaps you already have a cellular phone so you'll know who has the best coverage and therefore you might choose to go with your current 'phone service provider. You need a microSIM for the iPad - a regular size SIM won't fit - and you'll need to remove the AT&T SIM and insert the new one from your service provider. If you didn't use the iPad while you were in the USA before you returned home (i.e. if you didn't use 3G on AT&T while you were in the US) there are potentially some problems after you've inserted the new SIM, but let's not anticipate problems. OK - have a read through what we've said and get back to us if you have any further questions. It's good to read the manual - link below - and that will tell you how to change the SIM.

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions