What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 1 jail break

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I gt iPad 1 , and I am on 5.0.1 , I jb with red snow or green poison I don't remember ..I want to upgrade to 5.1.1 , and want to know how to do it, without loosing my data on iPad ..thanks in advance .

OP
Shihid

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am having iPad 1 , and jail break apps as well, how do I back up all of my data ? Same as normal and will this back up all of my iPad data, and when I will jb again I will have same data ? Help me

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am having iPad 1 , and jail break apps as well, how do I back up all of my data ? Same as normal and will this back up all of my iPad data, and when I will jb again I will have same data ? Help me

Since you are updating from 5.0.1 to 5.1.1 I would recommend you use an app like PkgBackup. We have a tutorial on it here - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...p-safeguard-your-jailbreak-apps-settings.html

It allows you to back up all your jailbreak apps and tweaks then restore them again later on a newly jailbroken device.

OP
Shihid

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
Shihid

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Got iPad one and I am on 5.0.1 , I want to upgrade to 5.1.1 and jail break , how to do. Any link or tutorials?

Totallylagit

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you use a PC then google 'absinthe'. The latest version is 2.0.4. I'm not sure a link but it will be easy enough to find. Open the .exe and let it extract. Do a backup then update to 5.1.1. Plug iPad into computer and run the absinthe executable you extracted. A window will open with a single button to click 'jailbreak'. Then wait until it finishes. Done. This procedure is very easy. If you use a MAC then I am unsure as I don't have one

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you are not jailbroken already, upgrade to iOS 5.1.1 by connecting the iPad to your iTunes (make sure it's the most current version) and then press the Upgrade button. Be sure to do a fresh backup first so that you can put your iPad back the way it was before you upgraded. Let iTunes do the work and, after a few inputs from you, you'll be on iOS 5.1.1.

Then, see this link for how to jail break it with Absinthe 2.0: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=77390

And, that should do it. Holler back if you need more assistance. Good luck and happy jail breaking! :)

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since you have already been asking questions in the tutorial thread, I am merging your posts and moving this to the Hacking Section, since that is where jailbreak queries belong.

Please post any further questions you have in your own thread right here. That avoids getting help in multiple places and hijacking other thread topics.

Thanks for your understanding, and good luck with the jailbreak.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts