What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jail breaking my ipad 4.3....

Russells iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new to this forum and have been reading up on the iPad hacking section for info on jail breaking my pad. I want to jail break my pad but just want some info on what jail break I should use/download.. I've seen some info about snow breeze but I'm just abit worried to download it and it not being the "right one" and causing any damage to my precious lol

Any help appreciated!

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wait for a untethered jailbreak first and then you should keep waiting until bugs are fixed.

OP
R

Russells iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cheers for your help guys!

Yeah I'm using my iPad 1 with a pc.. And I did wonder what tethered and untethered ment, now I get it and I think it's defiantly worth waiting even though I never turn my iPad off..

I'll keep a look out for untethered snow breeze jailbreak then!

liverpoolluke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
right now teathered jailbreak is the only way to go, I would highly recommend anyone out there to do it, just watch out for some of the cydia app's that crash your ipad due to compatibility issues, my only personal advice is to boot camp your mac and use the windows software for it, I found it so much easier to do with snowbreeze, ireb, and ibooty had my ipad jailbroke and fully setup how I like it within the hour, you just can't turn it off, but how often do you turn it off anyway ?

OP
R

Russells iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just reading on iclarified.com that the 4.3.1 will be out within 2 weeks so surely the ppl making the jailbreak will now hold on for that to then release a untethered version?

So if a Cydia app crashes will it reboot my iPad as normal (none jail broken)?

OP
R

Russells iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When my jail breaking is finished if I keep the same name on my pad will it auto sync and wipe off the jailbreak?

I have my iPad on manual sync always so I'm hoping I should be ok?

Just in the YouTube tutorials ppl change the name?

Chiangx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just patience , i guess ios 4.3 running slow, and many bugs

OP
R

Russells iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jail broken! Was extremely easy to be honest.. Now to install some cydia apps :)

g00ber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jail broken! Was extremely easy to be honest.. Now to install some cydia apps :)

Did you use snowbreeze or rupture?

Anyone know if i tethered-jb the ipad, will i have unjailbreak it first before i do an untethered jb?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Russells iPad said:
Just reading on iclarified.com that the 4.3.1 will be out within 2 weeks so surely the ppl making the jailbreak will now hold on for that to then release a untethered version?

So if a Cydia app crashes will it reboot my iPad as normal (none jail broken)?

No. It will just crash to springboard.

OP
R

Russells iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So only if I turn off my iPad off or it runs out of battery will i need to re-install snow breeze?

Most reactions