What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1 crashing ??

chanbing8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad is controling itself if u know why please help me I love my ipad gels me please

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Chanbing!

Not sure what your problem is though - maybe you can explain what is going wrong a bit more fully so our experts can help you?

Hafbakt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately, some apps just require a lot of RAM to run. When you combine the RAM needed to run the basic iPad functions with the RAM needed to run some apps, the iPad1 is just not able to do it, no matter how many times you clear out all running apps or restart/reset the iPad.

Again, in electronics time, the iPad1 is o-l-d. Most developers are developing for the iPads that can handle larger RAM apps. Those that stay with the iPad1 (because it still is a GREAT device) just have to know that some apps just will not run well on it ... or at all.

Marilyn
Is there a way to tell how much RAM an app needs, maybe specs list somewhere on iTunes?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a way to tell how much RAM an app needs, maybe specs list somewhere on iTunes?

Well, I've never found or seen anything like that. Keep in mind, Apple has never officially said how much RAM is available on any of their iDevices; it's all been determined by third parties [who tear down the iDevice to look at it].

I guess you could see if one of the memory management apps in the AppStore would help (get the app, check the RAM with a freshly reset iPad, run the app in question, then check the app again). I don't know how accurate that would be, or how accurate those types of viewing apps are. But, that's all I can think of.

In other words, no, I don't think there is a way to determine how much RAM a specific app uses. Of course, I could be wrong and someone else will be along to tell us I'm wrong. That's okay.... :)

Marilyn

pommie82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i am still using iPad 1 and sometimes i am finding safari does crash for no reason at all and you have lost where you were looking.i have find out over time some apps wont work and you have to close down all the apps down in the gestures bar and start the app up again and most of the time that sort the problem out really

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk HD

Most reactions

Latest posts