What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ios7 and sensory integration disorder

Clementi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi There,

OK, I know this is really a personal gripe and probably doesn't affect many people but... since I have now gotten to the point where I am going to have to sell my ipad 4 and buy another tablet, I really want to write it as it's annoyed me so much!

I've had endless problems since downloading ios7 - bluetooth keyboard STILL constantly disconnecting itself for no reason (tried all the various suggestions - none make any difference), the ipad, which NEVER crashed once prior to using ios7, now crashes at least twice a day and needs a full reset and reboot. The ipad is continuously turning itself off for no apparent reason (not going to sleep, but actually off and won't restart, requiring resetting and rebooting). I absolutely HATE ios7 and can genuinely no longer use my ipad and here's why...

Apple, as they always do,have utterly failed to properly consider those of us who use (and used to love) our ipads who have disabilities. Yes, they have 'accessibility' features and, to be fair, I DO believe some of the improved features which ios7 offers DO help some people with some disabilities however, I have sensory integration disorder (SID) (won't bore you with all the in's and out's but it's a common manifestation in people with autism - I have high functioning autism - and it is a neurlogical condition which means that certain colors, certain movements, various proprioceptive issues are a challenge for us.

Since downloading ios7, i can use it for about ten minutes before physically,literally throwing up. My brain can genuinely not deal with all these damned windows (double clicking which used to bring up the apps was fine, but all these zooming windows is a nightmare), the color scheme, which I HAVE altered as much as is possible, makes it near impossible for me to navigate (SID means that I also don't 'process' certain color schemes when they are put together with other colors -hard to explain but, in a metaphorical nutshell, it means that my optic nerve and related neurological functions simply can't accurately distinguish and separate certain combinations.

Bottom line, I'd love to know if anyone else with SID has had similar problems (there ARE more people out there with this, I promise you!) and, much as I realize Apple can't predict every single user's disabilities, the inability (now) to easily roll back to ios6 means I can genuinely no longer easily use the ipad which I used to love so much.

I'm sure to many of you this will seem like a small issue or something which doesn't concern anyone else, but honestly, I think it concerns everyone really when Apple can simply dismiss my difficulties (as they have done when I've tried to raise it with them) as just one of those things, and they can't please everybody!

All I want is ios6 back!!!

Argh!!:rolleyes:

OP
C

Clementi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could try to find an ipad on iOS 6 on eBay.

Yes, I may do that. I've also thought of posting on a local gumtree site to see if anyone has an iPad 4 which is still on ios6 which they might consider swapping - or that I could just buy! I LOVED ios6, it's just so disappointing.

Most reactions

Latest posts