What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Several iOS7 Users Experiencing Motion Sickness from Parallax Scrolling & Zooming

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
ios7-vibrant-design.jpg

There are reports that some users are a bit queasy over the new iOS7, and we mean that quite literally. Supposedly, there are multiple reports of users experiencing various forms of motion sickness, from vertigo and dizziness to outright nausea, when using some of the new Parallax Scrolling and Zooming functions found within iOS7. Apple actually included a “Reduce Motion†option inside the iOS 7’s Accessibility menu; however, that only disables the Parallax effect on the home screen, leaving some iPad owners reaching for their Dramamine. Here's a quote regarding the topic,

Instead, most are pointing to the zooming effects that are now ubiquitous across iOS when opening and closing apps or entering the multitasking menu. "I had severe vertigo the minute I started using my iPad with iOS 7," writes Apple forum user glassrabit. "Lost the rest of the day to it." Another user, nybe, writes, "I had to go home 'sick' from work because of the intense nausea due to using my iPhone with iOS 7."

Right now the word from Apple is that there is no fix for the issue present in the OS. Many users who are experiencing this issue have resorted to downgrading back to iOS6. Hopefully, Apple will address this soon. Sound off if you are one of the few who have experienced this stomach-churning problem.

Source: TheVerge

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are reports that some users are a bit queasy over the new iOS7.........

Right now the word from Apple is that there is no fix for the issue present in the OS. Many users who are experiencing this issue have resorted to downgrading back to iOS6. Hopefully, Apple will address this soon. Sound off if you are one of the few who have experienced this stomach-churning problem.

Source: TheVerge

Well, the 'window' has closed to downgrade to iOS 6.1.x, so for those who have upgraded then no longer possible - any other solutions? Info HERE

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I saw a thread on another forum where the OP had an iPhone 5 upgraded to iOS 7, and was suffering nausea, etc. IT took him several goes at getting Apple to assist. The first time round, the Genius had no idea how to assist - I believe the OP was wanting a downgrade to iOS 6.

Fortunately, yesterday he visited Apple again, and they swapped out for an iPhone 5 with iOS 6 still running on it. He will wait on Apple to implement a fix before upgrading to iOS 7.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Most or all of this stuff can be turned off, correct? If so, wouldn't that solve the issue?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Most or all of this stuff can be turned off, correct? If so, wouldn't that solve the issue?

The Reduce Motion option under Accessibility only turns of the parallax effect of the wallpaper. The folder and app zooms cannot currently be turned off in any settings.

Mystica

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If only theres a way for it function like ios6 but have the look of ios7

jerryrogan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, the 'window' has closed to downgrade to iOS 6.1.x, so for those who have upgraded then no longer possible - any other solutions? Info HERE

I have suffered vertigo twice since upgrading my iPad and iPhone 5. Had to go to the Dr, when I was able, and he gave me a prescription. After all this time and $$$, I read this. Very disappointing! Might have to return to Android devices - wonder what that will cost?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have suffered vertigo twice since upgrading my iPad and iPhone 5. Had to go to the Dr, when I was able, and he gave me a prescription. After all this time and $$$, I read this. Very disappointing! Might have to return to Android devices - wonder what that will cost?
If you are sensitive to the parallex effect on your iPad, chances are that you will be sensitive to other situations where your eyes have trouble fixating on a moving object. So, buying an android device may "cure" your vertigo symptoms by removing that stimuli....however, there are many other external stimuli around you that may trigger your vestibular system once again. Good luck!

Skimonkey ~~ sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts