IOS6 update to iPad2

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Jupiter7, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Chawbie

Chawbie
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    3 rd try. I am having same trouble connecting to cellular since upgrading to 6. Keeps telling me I don't have a provider...

2. dundeefl

dundeefl
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    i am relatively new ipad2 user,about six months now,and this my first apple product. in fact,my next computer purpahse will be an apple.
    however, i upgraded my wife ipad2 to the new ios, and she hates it. i am also on that hate list for the moment for not thinking befoe i upgraed . her two favorite apps(YouTube and googleemaps) are gone thanks to me. i have not upgraded my ipad2 yet, and i do not intend
    too,at least until i have no Choice.
    is there anyway to restore the old ios? please let there be away.

thanks in advance!

ron

3. KevinJS

KevinJS
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    There is no way to go back to the older version. However, you seem to have the solution right there in front of you. Why don't you just swap iPads? You will benefit when you get your Mac, since the integration between the two machines will be more complete.

In the meantime, if your wife will let you anywhere near her iPad again, you could download Jasmine for her and, I think (if memory serves me OK) iSwifter, which will give her street view back in Google Maps.

Personally, I find street view to be just as much of a toy as flyover, but that's just opinion. No doubt, some people find it useful.

4. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Sorry, the signing window for iOS 5.1.1 closed 48 hours after iOS 6 was released. There is currently no way to downgrade iOS 6 to iOS 5.1.1. Tere is a YouTube app in the App Store, an iPhone app that works on the iPad as well, as well as an iPad specific app that is currently in development. Google also has a maps app that will be available in the App Store as soon as it's ready.

5. Chawbie

Chawbie
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Fixed

I took my iPad to the local Apple Shop. It was looked at by a "techie" who found the problem and fixed it - some setting was the problem. So no despair.
    Kevin

6. zunex

zunex
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Wow you guys really have much problems when upgrade your babies. Luckily my iPad 2 has worked like a charm since it was upgraded to iOS 6.0.0. :eek:

7. skimonkey

skimonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It may be that you are posting your comments within the quoted bracket of another. I have done that myself and have had that message pop up.

8. KevinJS

KevinJS
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I think iOS 6 has caused some issues with this app. There appears to be a memory leak or something. Occasionally, the cursor goes to the left margin and stays there. If you attempt to send the message in this state, you get the short message warning.

9. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It can't be just iOS 6 that's causing the problems with this app, my iPad 2, which is still on iOS 5.1.1 has exactly the same problems with the app as my iPad 3 which is on iOS 6.

10. frevolaj1

frevolaj1
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    iTunes Apple ID

I upgraded to iOS6, and ever since I did this there is a strangers Apple ID on my IPAD2. I have no idea who's Apple ID this is, and it keeps asking me for the password but I do not know whose ID this is. Does anyone know what happened and why this strange Apple ID would be linked to my IPAD2?

Thanks in advance,
    John