What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS6 update to iPad2

OP
Jupiter7

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You should find them in Bookmarks in Safari

Look for uTube - iPad. It looks like a folder and contains reference numbers to favourite videos.

Henrique

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like o hear from You, What about The iPad 2 speed in general With iOS 6 compared To iOS 5.1.1.
I have an iPod 3rd generation which I upgraded To iOS 5 and it became so slow it's difficult To use it. I regret upgrading the iPod, don't wanna make the same mistake twice.

bdana43

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The OB said:
G'day Rocco, give this a go. Open the Settings App, tap General, tap Network then tap WiFi which should be "On". Tap the blue arrow next to the wireless router you are connected with and then tap Forget this Network.

Go back to WiFi and re-enter the network info you first provided to your Internet Service Provider when you set up your internet connection. If you can't remember, check with your ISP.

Was that a goer?
Regards,Andrew

I have the same problem. Since I updated I can't connect to any wifi. Anybody got a suggestion?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Reset network settings.

Settings/General/Reset/Reset Network Settings.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

bdana43

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The OB said:
G'day Rocco, give this a go. Open the Settings App, tap General, tap Network then tap WiFi which should be "On". Tap the blue arrow next to the wireless router you are connected with and then tap Forget this Network.

Go back to WiFi and re-enter the network info you first provided to your Internet Service Provider when you set up your internet connection. If you can't remember, check with your ISP.

Was that a goer?
Regards,Andrew

Hasn't worked! I've tried a 100 times. I'm new to the Forum and looking for help. The updated has killed my IPad for a week!

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
bdana43 said:
Hasn't worked! I've tried a 100 times. I'm new to the Forum and looking for help. The updated has killed my IPad for a week!

In addition, also reboot your wifi router. I used to have issues with some models, and a reboot fixed it, where the forget network didn't help.

Monstermanhbf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.hpibajaforum.com
In addition, also reboot your wifi router. I used to have issues with some models, and a reboot fixed it, where the forget network didn't help.

I have seen this happen as well sounds more like a modem or router issue. As said above try powering down your router/modem. Once powered back up you should be able to connect your Ipad to your wireless router/modem.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Could be. Apple continually work on their sites, especially around the time of major new releases.

Apple has those little gnomes working 24/7 on their OS..... Gotta love it. :)

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Reset network settings.

Settings/General/Reset/Reset Network Settings.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

I had to do this in order to get back my wireless connection at work. The home wifi worked fine even after the update as it always did. Depends on the network hardware and some stuff like that. I did notice that the "forget this network" button was missing though. Anyone else notice this?

MissAnne13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using a Acoustic Rearch docking station and speaker for my Ipad2 for about 6 months. I would use it to charge my Ipad and listen to music. Always worked great. But as soon as I did the update, when I put my Ipad on it I received this message on my Ipad "this divice is not compatable". So I can't charge or use it as a speaker anymore. Does anyone know why this happened? Thanks so much.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have been using a Acoustic Rearch docking station and speaker for my Ipad2 for about 6 months. I would use it to charge my Ipad and listen to music. Always worked great. But as soon as I did the update, when I put my Ipad on it I received this message on my Ipad "this divice is not compatable". So I can't charge or use it as a speaker anymore. Does anyone know why this happened? Thanks so much.

G' day Miss Anne, that Was a good App and it's a pity it's not available after the iOS6 update. The Accoustic Research App loads a specific interface with the iPad2 ( apparantly, mainly to activate the FM radio function ) It seems,unfortunately, iOS6 will not work with that software version.

The problem is that Accoustic has not issued a new version compatable with iOS6. I think your best bet now is to keep regularly checking the Apps store to see if Accoustic has updated.

All the best, Andrew

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The OB said:
G' day Miss Anne, that Was a good App and it's a pity it's not available after the iOS6 update. The Accoustic Research App loads a specific interface with the iPad2 ( apparantly, mainly to activate the FM radio function ) It seems,unfortunately, iOS6 will not work with that software version.

The problem is that Accoustic has not issued a new version compatable with iOS6. I think your best bet now is to keep regularly checking the Apps store to see if Accoustic has updated.

All the best, Andrew

It's a shame when app developers don't keep up with their updates. It's not as if they didn't know about iOS 6 or what had to be done to make their app compatible with the new iOS.

frankjg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my iPad 2 the app store sure slowed down on its implementation. More difficult to find a app and the installation is much slower.

Most reactions

Latest posts