What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS6 Aol Mail,youtube

demhunnies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Disappointed to find that after upgrading ipad2 to ios6 that I no longer had an app for my email (AOL) or youtube.Life's short too
fiddle about for hours to sort this out.Anyone got any ideas?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know about the AOL icon (don't use it) - was it a bookmark on your Homescreen or was it an app from the App Store? Maybe you can download it again (did you try searching for it in spotlight on your iPad)?

For the YouTube app, it no longer comes bundled with the iOS; installing iOS 6 removes the app/icon. But, you can download it free from the App Store (or make a home screen bookmark for it using Safari).

Marilyn

OP
D

demhunnies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.AOL mail was an app.It does not show up in the app store now.youtube app does not show up either in app store for iPad.Without these two apps the iPad is of little use to me now.Perhaps it can be used as a chopping board in the kitchen!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Search aol inc or aim in AppStore for iPad . Same apples with YouTube or just copy URL to home page when in safari. iOS 6 has only been released a couple of days just give it time to have apps available it is not the end of the world. YouTube app was never very good any way.

jogforfitness

iPF Noob
Reaction score
demhunnies said:
Disappointed to find that after upgrading ipad2 to ios6 that I no longer had an app for my email (AOL) or youtube.Life's short too
fiddle about for hours to sort this out.Anyone got any ideas?

Regrettably I upgraded my ipad2 to ios6 and lost youtube. The iPhone YouTube app does not replace it either for my needs. When I treadmill used to watch various youtube videos transmitted to my tv from ipad2 using an RCA cable adaptor (an Apple product). Now the transmission does not work. My old tv does not have an hdmi cable ability either. I do have the adaptor to use an hdmi cable for my other tv's but,in using the iPhone YouTube app, it no longer fills the entire screen. If i use Safari to get to youtube, some videos dont play because they require Flash. This is very disappointing to hear all the hype over the new os only to experience the setback of not being able to utilize the most used feature on my ipad2. For this alone, I give ios6 a big thumbs down.

Most reactions

Latest posts